Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: OLED 20x4 no display after reinstall moode 730
Question 
Hi everybody,
I reinstall new release 7.3.0 everything is working good with faster update library, happy with that improving. The issue is the OLED display are doesn't work. I already turned on Local UI display in System Config but seem that some thing wrong or missing step here. Anny body have experience on this matter please advise me. Thank a lot.

[attachment=2495]
Photo 
(08-26-2021, 02:45 PM)liv_s Wrote: What oled do you have?

LE Local UI has nothing to do with 16x2 lcd or oled.

The 20x4 OLED of Newhaven (NHD-0420DZW-AY5). You meaning the moode can't display on this kind of oled lcd module?
When I run moode 3.8.4 (may be modify by some one) the display are show text of Audio info but the original of Moode image is doesn't show anything.
You are on an old unsupported version of MoOde....

https://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread....7#pid37627
----------
bob
(10-23-2021, 12:18 PM)liv_s Wrote: From what I see your oled use ST7066U controller which may be compatible with HD44780.
What can you do: remain with old Moode or reinstall on a separate sdcard the last version.

For the second option:
- identify how oled is connected to Pi (by the way, what Pi hardware version you have?)
- I anticipate it is connected in parallel mode, so you can try the guide from here:
https://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread.php?tid=461

Hi Liv-s,
I trying to follow your advise topic and facing below trouble. Do i need to repeat download "pydPiper" again because seem it have some error 

pi@moode:~ $ cd pydPiper
pi@moode:~/pydPiper $ sudo ./install_docker.sh
Installing Docker from the convenience script                                                                                                                                                                      

# Executing docker install script, commit: 93d2499759296ac1f9c510605fef85052a2c32be                                                                                                                                
+ sh -c apt-get update -qq >/dev/null                                                                                                                                                                              
E: Repository 'http://raspbian.raspberrypi.org/raspbian buster InRelease' changed its 'Suite' value from 'stable' to 'oldstable'                                                                                   
Enabling docker                                                                                                                                                                                                    

Failed to enable unit: Unit file docker.service does not exist.                                                                                                                                                    
Failed to start docker.service: Unit docker.service not found.                                                                                                                                                     
sudo: docker: command not found                                                                                                                                                                                    
Testing docker                                                                                                                                                                                                     

sudo: docker: command not found                                                                                                                                                                                    
pi@moode:~/pydPiper $
(10-27-2021, 05:34 PM)liv_s Wrote: See here

https://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread....2#pid36742

Do a  sudo apt update
Update is Done then go to step 3 with code "sudo python configure.py" and the eror again !

"pi@moode:~/pydPiper $ sudo apt update

Hit:1 https://download.docker.com/linux/raspbian buster InRelease

Hit:2 http://archive.raspberrypi.org/debian buster InRelease                                        

Get:3 http://raspbian.raspberrypi.org/raspbian buster InRelease [15.0 kB]                     

Fetched 15.0 kB in 3s (5,519 B/s)   

Reading package lists... Done                                                                                                                                                                                      

Building dependency tree                                                                                                                                                                                           

Reading state information... Done                                                                                                                                                                                  

219 packages can be upgraded. Run 'apt list --upgradable' to see them.                                                                                                                                             

pi@moode:~/pydPiper $ sudo python configure.py
python: can't open file 'configure.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory"
Hi Liv_s,
I finished step configure.py and the error as the bottom line "Cannot connect to the Docker daemon at unix:///var/run/docker.sock. Is the docker daemon running?"

"i@moode:~/pydPiper $ sudo python configure.py

Creating configuration file for pydPiper
----------------------------------------

STARTUP CONFIGURATION

Startup mode duration (in seconds)? [5]:

DISPLAY CONFIGURATION

Display type?: hd44780_i2c
I2C Port? [1]:
I2C Address? [0x3d]: 0x27
Width of display (in pixels)? [80]: 100
Height of display (in pixels)? [16]: 32
Enable pulse duration (in microseconds)? [1]:
Location of the pagefile? [pages_lcd_16x2.py]: pages_lcd_20x4.py
Animation Smoothing (in seconds)? [0.15]:

SYSTEM CONFIGURATION

Location of log file? [/var/log/pydPiper.log]: /var/log/pydPiper.log
Logging Level? [info]:
Time Zone? [US/Eastern]:
24-hour clock? [FALSE]: true
Temperature Scale? [fahrenheit]: celsius
Enable weather? [n]:

MUSIC DISTRIBUTION

Name of distribution?: moode
Server address? [localhost]: localhost
Port? [6600]: 6600
Password?: moodeaudio

UPDATING pydPiper.cfg
Creating pydpiper.service file

pi@moode:~/pydPiper $ sudo /usr/bin/docker run --network=host --privileged -ti -v /var/log:/var/log:rw -v /home/pi/pydPiper:/app:rw dhrone/pydpiper:v0.31-alpha /bin/bash
docker: Cannot connect to the Docker daemon at unix:///var/run/docker.sock. Is the docker daemon running?.
See 'docker run --help'.
pi@moode:~/pydPiper $
pi@moode:~/pydPiper $ python pydPiper.py"
After few time attempt unsuccessful then I've formatted SD card and re-install Moode then staring again set up (with expand the SD card step) and now is working. Many thank for your help.
I will continue to learn how to change the text show on display Wink