Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Instruction Guide Setting up Library
Hi - newbie question
Can somebody point me towards a basic step-by-step guide to set up a library. I assume there is some sort of guide somewhere. If not, maybe someone could run through it for me - I have .flac files on a USB stick
Thanks
(09-04-2021, 11:32 AM)hillbear Wrote: Hi - newbie question
Can somebody point me towards a basic step-by-step guide to set up a library. I assume there is some sort of guide somewhere. If not, maybe someone could run through it for me - I have .flac files on a USB stick
Thanks

I simply put each Album in its own Folder in the Root Directory of the USB Stick. I have multiple USB Sticks and my albums are NOT sorted but randomly spread across the Sticks.

After an "Update Library" from the M menu and a wait for the spinner to stop spinning, Select Tag View from the Library drop down at the Top LHS of the Display and your Albums will all appear, sorted in alphanumeric order in the Artists Column.

R
Something like below.

- All tracks belonging to an album should be in their own folder.
- All tracks should be tagged
- Minimum set of tags: Genre, Artist, Album, AlbumArtist, Track, Title, Date, Duration
- Cover art can be embedded in each file or a cover image file can be stored in the Album folder
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Thanks for replies - can we go back a bit -when I say I need a BASIC set of instructions, I really mean it ! I have a few flac files in root directory of USB stick - insert into USB3 port on Pi 4b. What do I now do ?? I go into Library config - don't understand a word of it.  Nice step-by-step instructions please, guys !
Menu, Update library

Menu, Quick help
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
I really am a newbie and none of this makes any sense ! Somebody PLEASE walk me through the steps required to play music from a USB stick inserted in the pi. Thanks
(09-04-2021, 04:56 PM)hillbear Wrote: I really am a newbie and none of this makes any sense ! Somebody PLEASE walk me through the steps required to play music from a USB stick inserted in the pi. Thanks

Presumably you are at the moode web page using a browser on another device ?
With the USB stick connected to your Pi...

If so you will see top right an 'M' icon....click on that and a dropdown menu appears where you can find and click on 'Update Library'
While the update happens a small spinner appears top right.
Once that stops then click on the main 'artwork' image and you will be taken to the Library screen where you can select the items you wish to play.
This screen has a menu top left for viewing various ways...try 'album' or 'folder' views.
In album view each album cover has 3 dots within it. click to see options...at this stage use 'add/play'

Provided you have configured your audio device in the setup screen (Main menu-Configure-Audio) then you should have music.
----------
bob
Thanks - I have enough info now to start figuring things out for myself !