Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

steady sound after playing
hello

maybe configuration at the beginning:

CM4 and Waveshare CM4-IO-BASE-B witch Moode 7.3.0 (Generic 1 I2S)

DAC DIY R2R based on AD1865

generally everything works...

After the playback is finished / paused, a continuous beep sounds. To remove, just disconnect the DOUT between RPI and DAC for a while. Could it be due to software / configuration?

regards
solter

[Image: ZPfBTNanAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC]

I have clearly missed Tim's announcement that MoOde 7.x.x has been tested with CM4 (after making suitable modifications) and gave the 'green light' for running MoOde 7.x.x on CM4... When was the announcement made?
I checked, on RPI 3B+ and Moode 7.3.0 the situation is identical
(09-09-2021, 06:13 AM)CallMeMike Wrote: I have clearly missed Tim's announcement that MoOde 7.x.x has been tested with CM4 (after making suitable modifications) and gave the 'green light' for running MoOde 7.x.x on CM4... When was the announcement made?

Don’t recall an announcement as such.

Back in March I finally received a CM4 and official RPi IO board after a long delay in order fulfillment. Getting moOde running with a USB DAC was unremarkable. I *think* I related this to Tim at the time but I can’t find any proof of that Blush

I bought the CM4 104008 - 4GB RAM, 8GB EMMC, WiFi, which is overkill for moOde but I had other projects in mind too.

Regards,
Kent
moOde will probably work on a CM4 + Official Raspberry Pi I-O board but I don't have this hardware to test on so YMMV. I have no idea whether other manufacturers I-O boards will work.

Regarding the OP's issue below, given that when playback is stopped or paused no audio data is being transmitted over the interface thus any noises or sounds that are still present would be coming from the hardware interface or down stream audio hardware.

"After the playback is finished / paused, a continuous beep sounds. To remove, just disconnect the DOUT between RPI and DAC for a while"
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Wink 
(09-09-2021, 11:41 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Regarding the OP's issue below, given that when playback is stopped or paused no audio data is being transmitted over the interface thus any noises or sounds that are still present would be coming from the hardware interface or down stream audio hardware.

probably not, it is OK while playing the music, no noise or unwanted sounds, even listening really very quietly... another DAC connected to the USB, working properly

this is my DAC https://pl.aliexpress.com/item/100500202...5c0fn05YNa maybe some hint, which device to choose in the Moode menu?

ps. CM4 works fineWink

The issue is external to moOde software since no audio data is sent when play is stopped or paused.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
OK...

Is it possible to force a mute in Alsa while paused?
(09-09-2021, 01:25 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: The issue is external to moOde software since no audio data is sent when play is stopped or paused.

Everything works fine on piCorePlayer after activating the parameter "Close output setting = 0"

Close output settings - Set idle time before Squeezelite closes output (-C) ,<timeout> Value in seconds. Close output device when idle after timeout seconds, default is to keep it open while player is on. Select 0 to keep it open while player is on.

1. Is there an option in Moode?
2. Alternatively, is it possible to enable such an option after SSH, what is the exact syntax of the command?
3. Could this feature appear in future Moode editions?

Thanks Tim for your interest in the problem.