Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Hello World
Hi,

I came across moode audio when doing a google search for what distributions are available for Allo usbridge device. I read few threads and I like ecosystem here and also the way admin handles the forum. I was using sparky+kali reclocker+piano 2.1 using volumio image provided by allo. Later I replaced the sparky with raspberry pi because of an ancient kernel that comes with the sparky. I have built my own simple image using the stock 64 bit Raspbian image. I don't use anything fancy. Just the mpd daemon and once in a while I use alsaeq for equalizer. At the moment I use cantata as the default player on my laptop and macbook and rompr (which also maintains rating in a MySQL database).  I have written an mpd event daemon - 'mpdev' that watches mpd events and updates a database for playcounts, last played and ratings. Using mpdev, I maintain the same rating in the mpd sticker database and rompr database. By storing these few things in a sqlite database I'm able to generate playlists for mpd on the fly. I can use criteria like - play songs rated 3 stars and above, that I haven't heard in the last 3 months, play songs of a particular genre that I haven't played in the last 10 days, play songs that I have never heard, play songs that I play often, play songs from a particular artist, etc. I also use lirc to play, pause, stop, modify volume, change ratings etc using a commonly used media center remote using an irexec script. I am good at C programming (my passion and hobby) but have no knowledge on writing things that work on the web. But I can hack things, even for things written for the web. I plan to look at the moode audio ui and add rating option, play counts, last played, etc. If I succeed, it will be in public domain.

My existing work mpdev and other things are on github

https://github.com/mbhangui/mpdev

and one trivial project for all my raspberry pi, banana pi music devices that allows me to share music from a central server using NFS and automount and automatically shutdown all devices to save power when I go to sleep in the night.

https://github.com/mbhangui/pistop

If you find anything useful, You can use any of my code as you like.
In upcoming r740 the Multiroom audio feature uses C modules to encode (Opus) and distribute (oRTC) the audio. There is a lot of room for enhancement in this plumbing for example supporting uncompressed PCM, greater than 48 kHz rates and clock correction for Sender and Receivers. Have a look in the repo under /other/trx.

If you want some guidance on implementing features in the UI don't hesitate to ask. There are several constraints that we try to adhere to all of which are governed by minimalist design philosophy.

The mpdev features have been requested many times in the past. I'll have to study pistop to see what we can use.

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(09-22-2021, 06:21 PM)Tim CurtisIf you want some guidance on implementing features in the UI don\t hesitate to ask. There are several constraints that we try to adhere to all of which are governed by minimalist design philosophy. Wrote: If you want some guidance on implementing features in the UI don't hesitate to ask. There are several constraints that we try to adhere to all of which are governed by minimalist design philosophy.

The mpdev features have been requested many times in the past. I'll have to study pistop to see what we can use.

-Tim

I would love to have a way to rate songs and record information when the song was played. mpd allows you to have  sticker database in sqlite. You can define your own table. mpc command provides support for query and update of this database using the sticker command. It opens the possibility to generate playlists based on a person's listening habits. I would be glad to contribute in whatever way I can to the development effort in this forum. mpdev is just a daemon that connects to mpd on port 6600 and issues the IDLE command. When the command returns it than executes any user defined script to handle the event. On linux you have an excellent player - cantata (no longer maintained). But on android and ios, there is nothing that allows you to store your listening habits for mpd. That's where I think the moode player can provide something unique which others (volumio, dietpi, etc) do not provide - a way to store the user's listening choices.

Meanwhile I don't think pistop would be something immediately useful. It is just a collection of hacks, configuration to manage multiple players in the house. I use it to 
1) share the library from a disk mounted on a RPI4 device
2) automatically backup devices which connect to the PI4 device
3) automatically update software on devices which connect to the PI4 device
4) Shutdown the devices connected to my PI4 device when the PI4 device is shutdown.

I have ordered my Allo usbbridge. It should be arriving this week after which I will be playing a lot with moode.