Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: Party Mode
Music 
Smile   Hi there party people.    Does anyone have any tips on how to let guests request ( or queue up) songs during a party ?

I like to use Moode with Spotify and BT speakers.   Installed, and got it running on first try.  Great.  I started the Spotify app in my phone, and selected to play on the Moode connected BT speakers.   Works great... when I am alone.

It would be so good to have a partymode webpage, where guests can search Spotify, and add what they find to the queue. 
All is connected to my questnetwork if someone wonder.  And I have premium Spotify account.

To add an algorythm that mixes the upcoming song would make this the best system.

Currently the webpage gets black and a message "Spotify active" plus a button "disconnect" if someone uses the Spotify app.  And if another phone connects his Spotify account on his phone to Moode the previous music stops. until that new user turns up the Volume, and selects a song. 
I have seen a bad try at this paty mode on a plugin for Volumio some 3 years ago.   Problem with Volumio was the BT support so I did not use it.
Any suggestions on other ways to through a party or if this webpage can be done some other way is greatly appreciated.

Party on!
There is a beta function Spotify call Group Session / "Party Mode". However, this is something else. Only 5 users, and they are streaming in parallell on separate speakers at different locations.
This is not what I call party... call me old school.

As you probably see from my first post. My aim is to have a webpage with unlimited users on the same location, but only one device playing. (Moode)

https://techcrunch.com/2020/05/11/spotif...XqLRUIx9Ac
AFAIK the "party mode" function would have to be provided by the Spotify app itself since it's maintaining the play Queue. moOde is just acting as a headless downstream audio renderer.

Maybe you could have Spotify running on a dedicated Laptop in some convenient location so your guests could walk up and add the tracks they like to the play Queue ??
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
A quick search of the Spotify Community Forum shows the general idea of a party mode has been kicking around for at least 9 years. There was even a suggestion that it include a "DJ moderator" feature to reduce the number of fist fights(!) over track selection.

I suggest doing digging over there to get a feel for how much support there is for it.

Regards,
Kent
(09-16-2021, 12:20 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: AFAIK the "party mode" function would have to be provided by the Spotify app itself since it's maintaining the play Queue. moOde is just acting as a headless downstream audio renderer.

Maybe you could have Spotify running on a dedicated Laptop in some convenient location so your guests could walk up and add the tracks they like to the play Queue ??

Thanks for the suggestion, that is how I had the setup 30 years ago, but when having a party outside there is difficult to have a fix spot for a laptop, so usually I bring the I pad.  However alcohol, and 40 guests, tends to be a bad combination for this setup. I definitely want to use a streamer like Moode or Volumio with peoples own mobiles.   I have tested Volumio, that worked almost perfect with the party mode plugin, and that was not provided by Spotify.  A benefit of using Moode is that the Play queue inside the streamer should be able to contain all media, DLNA or Streamed etc.    I definitely think this is a function that should be outside a specific provider, so that you can mix content.
(09-16-2021, 12:31 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: A quick search of the Spotify Community Forum shows the general idea of a party mode has been kicking around for at least 9 years. There was even a suggestion that it include a "DJ moderator" feature to reduce the number of fist fights(!) over track selection.

I suggest doing digging over there to get a feel for how much support there is for it.

Regards,
Kent

Yes I know, It might even be me who suggested it back then.  I will continnue to do some digging to see what has happen since then.  

The Volumio plugin I tested long time ago allowed guests to add tracs to the queue, and to browse Spotify, and medialibrary for next song.  The API key from my premium account was saved in the server to use by all guests.
Just found https://jukestar.mobi/ however. I have no idea if this can work with Moode . I must install and try.
(09-16-2021, 01:40 PM)Niklas Wrote:
(09-16-2021, 12:20 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: AFAIK the "party mode" function would have to be provided by the Spotify app itself since it's maintaining the play Queue. moOde is just acting as a headless downstream audio renderer.

Thanks for the suggestion, that is how I had the setup 30 years ago, but when having a party outside there is difficult to have a fix spot for a laptop, so usually I bring the I pad.  However alcohol, and 40 guests, tends to be a bad combination for this setup. I definitely want to use a streamer like Moode or Volumio with peoples own mobiles.   I have tested Volumio, that worked almost perfect with the party mode plugin, and that was not provided by Spotify.  A benefit of using Moode is that the Play queue inside the streamer should be able to contain all media, DLNA or Streamed etc.    I definitely think this is a function that should be outside a specific provider, so that you can mix content.

I'm sure booze and 40 phones will work much better.

Our project simply provides the audio renderer function for Music Services. You will need to look to other applications to provide embedded music service clients.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(09-16-2021, 02:48 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote:
(09-16-2021, 01:40 PM)Niklas Wrote:

I'm sure booze and 40 phones will work much better.

Our project simply provides the audio renderer function for Music Services. You will need to look to other applications to provide embedded music service clients.

Yes a couple of phones are better then one laptop.  But I hear you loud and clear, no problem,  I respect your work, you have come a long way with your project, installation was simple, and BT speakers was working out of the box with no problems. Native support for Spotify is however a must for me, and not just the light version so I will move on to another project. I guess I give Volumio another go, since they use the full API. Thank you for you time, maybee I come back when I can not get the BT to work, and the party is over.   Smile