Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: dac bitrate info issue (7.3)
hi,
I'm streaming with BUBBLE UPNP app, with Raspberry (Moode Audio 7.3) connected through USB to Sabaj D5 dac. Raspberry has an OLED screen that shows bitrate.
Issue Is that Sabaj D5 bitrate showed on screen seems to be locked to first song i play. 
Ex: If i start all and First song has 96 khz bitrate, i will have 96 khz written on D5 screen until i will restart Raspberry+D5.
Make attention that Raspberry OLED shows Always correct bitrate, also in audio info menù i can see correct bitrate.

*** EDIT ***
OFFICIAL SABAJ STORE REPLIES THIS:

The USB of D5 is in asynchronous mode. If the operating system is android or something, please pay attention to whether the system avoids the ASRC function that comes with the system. The settings of the player are very important.

So how can i fix It on Moode
If the devices internal display is showing something different than moOde's Audio Info screen shows the problem is with the device.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(09-17-2021, 10:14 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: If the devices internal display is showing something different than moOde's Audio Info screen shows the problem is with the device.

Thank you Tim.
What do you think about Sabaj support reply regarding asyncronous mode or ASRC? The say issue could be Moode.

Second questione: can i set sox oversampling on Moode to 24/192? It will affect output sound quality?
I don't know what they are talking about. the term "asynchronous mode" refers to a USB transfer mode and the acronym "ASRC" stands for Asynchronous Sample Rate Converter which is typically an integrated circuit chip in an audio device. Both of these are outside of moOde software.
Enjoy the Music!
(09-17-2021, 10:43 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: I don't know what they are talking about. the term "asynchronous mode" refers to a USB transfer mode and the acronym "ASRC" stands for Asynchronous Sample Rate Converter which is typically an integrated circuit chip in an audio device. Both of these are outside of moOde software.

can i set oversampling on Moode to 24/192 to avoid issue? It will affect output sound quality
using my Windows 10 pc seems that Sabaj D5 dac recognize correctly bitrate on usb port. Never to do on Moode side?
Thank you
(09-17-2021, 10:29 AM)officialsm Wrote:
(09-17-2021, 10:14 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: If the devices internal display is showing something different than moOde's Audio Info screen shows the problem is with the device.

Thank you Tim.
What do you think about Sabaj support reply regarding asyncronous mode or ASRC? The say issue could be Moode.

Second questione: can i set sox oversampling on Moode to 24/192? It will affect output sound quality?

@Tim Curtis can i have your opinion about oversampling all to 24/192 (ora 32/384) to go through usb connection to dac?
My interest is about it affects sound quality.
Thank you so much helping me
I can't offer an opinion because of the subjective nature of experiencing sound.
Enjoy the Music!
@officialsm

I suggest you read @the_bertrum’s post in a previous thread about oversampling (and the rest of the thread as well).

Regards,
Kent