Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Pimoroni DAC SHIM
(09-27-2021, 07:13 PM)timbo22 Wrote:
(09-27-2021, 03:14 PM)petfr Wrote:
(09-26-2021, 09:40 PM)timbo22 Wrote: pi@moode:/tims $ dmesg | grep i2s
[   16.516910] snd-rpi-simple socConfusedound: pcm5102a-hifi <-> 20203000.i2s mapping ok

I have verified that the volume control wheel on the web interface is at 50.

I hear nothing...

I use a zero w + audio dac shim in my kitchen without any problems (LS2 = hifiberry dac). I think the problem is the connection between raspberry and dac without soldering. That's why i soldered the audio dac shim . I recommend a test without any housing. This is the only way to make this audio dac shim from pimoroni functional without soldering.

I have a test without a housing, I have not soldered it i admit but I did contact Piromoni and they stated it should work.  I intend to house it in an old radio and so need to make this as compact as possible. As soon as I have it working I will commit to soldering until then I didn't want to mate a potently dead board to my pi.  Your point is taken and I may yet commit.

It works,  I soldered the board, and it works.  So sorry to waste everyone's time, i will contact Piromoni and advise them that this board has to be soldered. props to petfr...