Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Official moOde 7.4.y support thread
(09-27-2021, 06:02 AM)Jedrek Wrote: I have now looked at the information about changes in subsequent versions of moodeaudio. Since version 6.x, the UPNP module has not been changed at all, but the UPMPDCLI module has been updated several times. Does this update happen to cause problems with the player's UPNP system?

UPMPDCLI is responsible for moOde in UPnP renderer mode, that is moOde as an end point. I don't believe there are any interactions between that and the function to use moOde as a UPnP control point as you are attempting. Also, I've just tried the UPnP browser on my set up, and like Kent before me find it is serving files perfectly.

What are you using for your UPnP server? Could be there are other options for presenting your collection to moOde.
----------------
Robert
@the_bertrum
I have been using one DLNA server for a long time: MiniDLNA. I have a dlna server set up on my TrueNas.
I have several TVs, computers, laptops and other mobile devices and I have no problems with the operation. It was similar with MoodeAudio version 6.x. UPNP in this version worked without problems.
@the_bertrum, you are correct the UPnP renderer (upmpdcli) and the UPnP Browser (djmount) are completely separate applications.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(09-27-2021, 04:34 PM)Jedrek Wrote: @the_bertrum
I have been using one DLNA server for a long time: MiniDLNA. I have a dlna server set up on my TrueNas.
I have several TVs, computers, laptops and other mobile devices and I have no problems with the operation. It was similar with MoodeAudio version 6.x. UPNP in this version worked without problems.

As it happens, miniDLNA has been known to moOde for some time. Under UPnP/DLNA in moOde's Audio Config screen there is the DLNA Server setting. If enabled it turns on miniDLNA. 

If you have two moOde players you can test with the DLNA server (miniDLNA) enabled on one and the UPnP Media Browser (Djmount) enabled on the other. This combo works in moOde 7.4.0 too.

Regards,
Kent
I have one moode player with components:
- RPI 3B+ 1GB
- HiFi Berry DAC+ PRO
- 16GB SD Card for system (7.4.0 from image)
Posting in case it helps the effort.

Running Asset UPnP on a Synology NAS with Media Browser function in moOde. Good Stuff!

Big benefit to me is central hierarchy and playlists for all devices and control points.
@Jedrek

Sorry, I can't do more than establish that the miniDLNA and djmount components in moOde 7.4.0 seem to be working in the way I expect them to. The response of others seem to support this conclusion.

Thus it would seem likely your issue is due to your specific configuration of your media server and moOde's UPnP media browser. As I said before, I'm not a UPnP/DLNA user. Perhaps someone who is can offer further advice.

Regards,
Kent
Hello Jedrek,
Sorry if I intrude, as it would seem, as Tim asserts, that the area relating to your anomaly hasn't been changed recently, can I suggest something trivial? Have you checked the power supply? Try, with the power supply disconnected from the mains, to disconnect and reattach (two or three times) the MicroUSB that supplies power to your Rpi: sometimes false contacts can create anomalies of this kind.
Sorry for the banality and greetings to all,
Francesco
@fdealexa
Without changes.
I have a original RPI 3B+ (no china clone) and original power supply
(09-27-2021, 06:36 PM)astropuppy Wrote: Big benefit to me is central hierarchy and playlists for all devices and control points.

This made me think of a possibility.  One thing that did change from 6.x to 7.x was the way in which the MPD library was indexed.  If I'm not mistaken, the UPnP browser function does not work like a classic control point, but rather presents the UPnP source as folder to be indexed.  MPD then stores the location and file details and handles all the queue management from it's own index.  Now a DLNA hierarchy can have the same track from the same location presented in Albums, then again in Artist, then again in Genres.  Usually one must navigate right down to the Album "folder" in the UPnP browser and mount there so that MPD sees an Album by Artist structure that it is expecting.
So assuming that @Jedrek is mounting at a point before "Album" in his presented DLNA structure, the issue could be that since v7 of moOde the MDP index can no longer tell between a track in Album and the same track in Artist, gets confused and abandons the index.  If my conjectures here are correct, then changing the Album Key to Folder in the Library (Advanced) section of the preferences menu might resolve things.  There would likely be a lot of duplication in the Library and Tag views, but I suspect Folder view would be what you'd want in this use case anyway.

I would have tested it but I don't have time to rescan my library a few times this morning, hopefully my musing make sense and @Jedrek can have a go and see if it works.
----------------
Robert