Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Idea: wide display + slideshow
Quote:<you>
...make a folder named "Aretha Franklin", and place some photos in it. When playing Aretha I want to show a slideshow of these photos. Another option would be to programmatically do a google image-search of the playing artist and scrape the results for links to images.

Quote:<me>
Whatever it is, it should look first for artist artwork in a track’s metadata.

I was just keying off your Aretha example. Some folks have taken advantage of various markup schemes, for example ID3V2 and its picture type

Code:
$00     Other
$01     32x32 pixels 'file icon' (PNG only)
$02     Other file icon
$03     Cover (front)
$04     Cover (back)
$05     Leaflet page
$06     Media (e.g. lable side of CD)
$07     Lead artist/lead performer/soloist
$08     Artist/performer
$09     Conductor
$0A     Band/Orchestra
$0B     Composer
$0C     Lyricist/text writer
$0D     Recording Location
$0E     During recording
$0F     During performance
$10     Movie/video screen capture
$11     A bright coloured fish
$12     Illustration
$13     Band/artist logotype
$14     Publisher/Studio logotype

IMHO if they've done so, their imagery should be available if they chose to display it. (Okay, maybe not the brightly colored fish!)

Anyway, you won't know whether the effort is is too complex or it doesn't seem to fit until you've given it a shot. Once some code is nailed up in your own github project others will surely contribute comments and suggestions.

Regards,
Kent
Photo 
(10-09-2021, 05:12 PM)HarryLyar Wrote: Hi,

I'm new and would love some input to my plan ;-)

I use a pi 3B+ and a pi2aes. I'd like a local display, and I like this a lot: https://www.waveshare.com/11.9inch-hdmi-lcd.htm. It's unusual in that it is very wide, 320×1480px.

I will preferably connect it by hdmi, and i'd like it to turn off/show black screen when I am not playing/streaming, and turn on when playing. I've played a bit with the options in Moode, and I think this is possible, but not completely sure.

Then, I'd like to customize the design of the page, to utilize the wide screen. I can see the files (js/css) are in /var/www/. What I'd like to do is "somewhere" (on pi or in the sky) make a folder named "Aretha Franklin", and place some photos in it. When playing Aretha I want to show a slideshow of these photos. Another option would be to programmatically do a google image-search of the playing artist and scrape the results for links to images.

I'm a developer and the coding should be doable (unless there is something I overlook). 

Can anyone see a reason why this should not work?  - before I buy the display and start using time on it.

Thanks a lot for any input  Smile

HarrtLyar

this would be very nice

Hi all,
I am following this topic with interest because, even if I've altrady built my player (pictures will follow) with a 1024x600 lcd, I would like to renew it with a more "modern" look.

I've decided to buy a widescreen (1920x480) and I am wondering if the appearence of the UI could be fitted on the new monitor format.

I know that could be a major change for a minority of geeks, but I think that could be a great feature.

I perfectly understand the efforts you guys are doing but, if I can add my bean to the pot, think about This!

the one posted by @Jempie is the perfect example of the UI I've thought to.

Thank you

@Tim Curtis
@TheOldPresbyope
@HarryLyar
After several months I see there are no updates.

Meanwhile I've tryed different oss but i'm always coming back to moode.

New hardware, new project, same question:

It could be possible, one day, to have a little bit more of flexibility on the local UI managment?
just an options for widescreen that makes the appearence a little more readable? 

please compare this

to this

it looks nice, but the font size is too small and the general layout could be improved a little just moving the coverart on a side (left or right, doesn't matter), and putting in a better position the track infos (ARTIST - TRACKTITLE / ALBUM / FILETYPE-BITRATE)

If it cannot be done in the main code, could it be added as a plugin or something like that? 

I Hope someone will answer.

Thanks
It's on the TODO list but has not gotten any dev time due to higher priority work items. My plate is chronically overflowing so maybe another dev will be interested in working on it :-)

There is already some old code from the 5 series for a side-by-side layout which can be used as a model.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub