Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: why can headphones not be found with bluetooth scan
Hello, I have installed moode unto a Pi4 and have it playing into my valve amplifier just fine.  However when I try to scan for devices with bluetooth it won't discover my Sony headphones (WH-1000mk3). I know that moode bluetooth is working because I can find my phone, pair it up and then play audio from my phone into moode and out to the amplifier. 

Why do you think moode won't discover the headphones when I scan for devices ?  They work and pair ok with my laptop and phone.

Ralph.
I've no experience with Sony models, but my daughter's Skullcandy phones show up reliably as long as they are are explicitly set to pairing mode before I start the scan from moOde.
----------------
Robert
SOLVED  Smile  :

thanks for your reply Bertrum - i got them working,  my fault for not reading the instructions well enough.  The headphones are pretty new to me and although they connect instantly after power on with a previously paired device,  in order to get them to be visible to a new device you need to keep the power button held in for 7 seconds after switch on until you hear a voice in your ear. 

Anyway they're paired up and working. 

Has anyone had any luck getting the LDAC bluetooth codec installed to use with their Sony headphones ??  I would like to try that next