Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

HDMI-CEC Remote control
Lightbulb 
Hi to ALL!
I'm using MoOde from about 2 years, I suggested to Tim Crossfeed function for Headphone listening and He introduced it after a month.
Great Tim! Shy

Today I want to suggest to introduce HDMI-CEC function, this permit to use remote controller of our TV (Samsung, Sony, LG, etc) to control moOde!
I use this function with Kodi on my Raspberry!
To do this, obviously, we have to connect raspberry to our TV by an HDMI cable.

What do you think about it?
Good idea :-)

Do you have a link to some info or a code repo on Git?

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(08-26-2018, 11:58 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Good idea :-)

Do you have a link to some info or a code repo on Git?

-Tim

Hi Tim,
I'm not a great moOde technician... Big Grin

Could be usefull for you? 

https://kodi.wiki/view/CEC

If not I search more... Blush
Tim, have a look into ours we use in XBian project 
https://github.com/xbianonpi/xbian-package-cec
<marquee behavior="alternate" scrolldelay=150
~~~~>>>Please always follow rules and read before you post<<<~~~~

</marquee>
I ran across this article that suggests all that needed is a CEC utils package.
https://timleland.com/raspberry-pi-turn-tv-onoff-cec/

sudo apt-get install cec-utils

Then CEC commands can be sent using one of the utils for example:

Turn tv on:
echo on 0 | cec-client -s -d 1

Turn tv off:
echo standby 0 | cec-client -s -d 1

Tv status:
echo pow 0 | cec-client -s -d 1

If someone wants to verify this actually works I'll include the package in moOde 4.3.

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
Just tried to install this package and the couple of commands works like it should.
However nothing else. The remote control of my Pan Viera TV does nothing 

And to be honest I fail to see how the TV remote control can be use to navigate such system as moOde as there are so many control points which can be clicked on. So to use a joy to navigate through these would be a nightmare(my honest opinion)

</marquee>
(08-28-2018, 08:25 AM)rikardo1979 Wrote: And to be honest I fail to see how the TV remote control can be use to navigate such system as moOde as there are so many control points which can be clicked on. So to use a joy to navigate through these would be a nightmare(my honest opinion)

I use my TV remote for Kodi and I'm very happy. Kodi has lots of settings menu and use TV remote isn't a big problem for me.
Navigate using arrows and the "enter" botton is easy and fast: Remote in one hand and eyes on TV.
Watch the smartphone and after the TV for each time you have to type a command is tiring and slow, my head goes up and down and my old neck doesn't appreciate! Big Grin
(08-28-2018, 07:39 PM)Badger Wrote:
(08-28-2018, 08:25 AM)rikardo1979 Wrote: And to be honest I fail to see how the TV remote control can be use to navigate such system as moOde as there are so many control points which can be clicked on. So to use a joy to navigate through these would be a nightmare(my honest opinion)

I use my TV remote for Kodi and I'm very happy. Kodi has lots of settings menu and use TV remote isn't a big problem for me.
Navigate using arrows and the "enter" botton is easy and fast: Remote in one hand and eyes on TV.
Watch the smartphone and after the TV for each time you have to type a command is tiring and slow, my head goes up and down and my old neck doesn't appreciate! Big Grin

I using Kodi(XBMC) for over 10 years now. I manage and administrate XBian project too.
Using CEC on Kodi is something I would not change for anything else(I use Yatse too, but just to type text in search etc).
But using remote for moOde would be a totally different story. Imagine how you would have to navigate up/down left/right Wink
Way different then Kodi where you just go through lists. 
Here you would need to go through playback, menus, options, etc etc...

Look at this screen
[Image: DdR8YxpUQAAK2W0.jpg]

Now imagine - up and down through  the track list, then right to play/stop/rew/ff/next/prew: then down to shuffle/loop/repeat; then down to Radio/Music/Playback; then top right to access System Settings, etc, etc

To me this would be a real pain...
I prefer to grab the phone/tablet/laptop and just one click on whats needed ;Wink

Just my honest opinion

</marquee>
6forty

Awesome :-)
Enjoy the Music!
Actually I'm playing moOde on my smart Tv, connected by the Opera Browser web. I navigate with the arrow (like the mouse arrow) using the remote control. Pushing right left etc the arrow moves on the screen, not very fast by good for me.
I have suggested hdmi cec because I think that navigate by the TV remote control arrows should be faster.
But if isn't possible there's no problem, I can continue with  the "mouse arrow" of the Opera web browser. In this case there's no hdmi connection needed.