Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

moOde 4.3 screen shots
Hello, I'm Oldschool. I don't need Album pictrues. To find music, I use Rhythmbox, which is great finding something. When I give a string, I get all the artists in the artist window, containing this string, and all their albums in the album window and in the title window, I get all the titles.
In the album window, I get all albums containing the given string - their artists will be shown in the artist window too, and their titles in the title window.
All titles containing the string are shown in the title window, with their artists in the artist window and the albums in the album window.
So I was able to find "I like to move it" (Madagascar 1) with Rhythmbox and found "Reel 2 Real" on "Canna Power-Charts 1994".
In MoodAudio (its really great !!!!!!), I could not find it giving the artist, but giving "1994" - searching title is not supported anyway.
So I wait for 4.3 too, hoping I can find it by title. The problem of the missing artist, I don't understand.
Which kind of database is used by MPD to browse the entries? Which program can I use?
You can do generalized search in the Browse panel, either quick search or advanced. The Library and Albums panel search only supports search strings containing artist or album terms cuz thats the most common way to search IME.

Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
4.3 looks great!
I also uploaded the folder icon style code on github, can you also add it?
Post a link to the code and I'll have a look.
Enjoy the Music!
(09-03-2018, 01:33 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: You can do generalized search in the Browse panel, either quick search or advanced. The Library and Albums panel search only supports search strings containing artist or album terms cuz thats the most common way to search IME.

Great! I didn't know this - it's exactly what I was looking for.
(09-03-2018, 02:24 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Post a link to the code and I'll have a look.

https://github.com/moode-player/moode/pull/7
Music 
If the 4.3 code is locked or implemented, there is no need to add it.If not, I will integrate it after the 4.3 release.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Will cover art keep the original scale (height/width) in 4.3, or will it be force-cropped/stretched to square-only images?

If it is unclear what I am asking, compare lazybat's screenshot (above) to that in opening post.

I don't think any of my cover art (all scanned from cd covers by me) has the samme dimensions, a few are very tall, many are a little broader than regular cover size. Seeing them squeezed into square-only (and distorted) would probably make me not want to use 4.3 at all.
Tim, may i ask when Moode 4.3 will be ready?
(09-06-2018, 03:36 PM)kvik2 Wrote: Will cover art keep the original scale (height/width) in 4.3, or will it be force-cropped/stretched to square-only images?

If it is unclear what I am asking, compare lazybat's screenshot (above) to that in opening post.

I don't think any of my cover art (all scanned from cd covers by me) has the samme dimensions, a few are very tall, many are a little broader than regular cover size. Seeing them squeezed into square-only (and distorted)  would probably make me not want to use 4.3 at all.

Yes, the original aspect ratio is maintained. See the Jobim cover in attached screen shot. moOde 4.3 uses a thumbnail cache system whereby the thumbs are generated in batch to enable super fast loading on the Album Panel. Additionally you will be able to specify whether to generate HiRes thumbs for High-DPI screens like Retina, compliments of @swizzle :-)

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!