Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

[IDEA] Add Delay/Silence at Start of Tracks
Hi!

I know the devs are super busy with other stuff but would you please consider adding a delay/silence at the start of a track to compensate for losing .5 or 1 second of the start of the track played due to change in bit rate.....

This happens on my mojo and qutest dacs and I know it happens with various others. Its a known issue with dfferent dacs and different players.

Other apps have dealt with this issue in the same way (Roon has a 'Resync Delay' where you can choose the amount of silence at the start of the track). VolumIO has had this on their todolist.

Why? Should be fairly obvious, pretty annoying to lose the start of a track when a song is played. I'm sure other users will benefit from this.

If I've completely missed that option already there, please let me know!

Thank you for considering!
The symptom suggests the issue might be specific to the way certain audio devices handle sample rate changes. I don't experience it with my USB or I2S DAC's and it's not generally reported here but in any case its a question for the maintainer of MPD to consider.

Your best bet is to post an issue in the MPD repo.
https://github.com/MusicPlayerDaemon/MPD/issues
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub