Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Idea: Add SACD ISO support
Hello,
I wanted to ask you to add support for SACD ISO file format.
I have enough SACD ISO files.

I used Foobar2000 on Windows and USB DAC.
Now I'm using Moode on RPi 4B with PI2AES hat as digital transport to new active speaker with Hypex FA253 modules. I miss this functionality that Foobar2000 has in the form of a plugin.

Is possible to add this feature?

I know of some attempt by the author of the SACD ISO plugin for Foobar2000:
https://github.com/archphile/mpd-manisiutkin
Your best bet is to rip the SACD's to DSF files.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Or convert your ISO's ?

This has worked for me. for converting ISO to DSD or DSF..
https://www.sonore.us/iso2dsd.html
----------
bob
(10-22-2021, 10:36 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Your best bet is to rip the SACD's to DSF files.

Why do you mean that best way is to downgrade from multichannel/stereo original SACD RIP to stereo DSF files?
Couple things...

1. moOde project does not test multichannel music formats because they are niche for our users who primarily listen in Stereo and so I have no idea whether SACD converted to DSF file retains both the multichannel and stereo formats or whether there is any degradation in the information as a result of the conversion.

2. SACD support requires major modifications to MPD and we only support the official MPD release plus a single patch for Selective Resampling feature that we created, maintain and fully support.

3. AFAIK existing MPD forks (there may only be one) that include SACD support have been long since abandoned by their maintainers and are thus completely unsupported.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(10-23-2021, 04:13 PM)AKapl Wrote:
(10-22-2021, 10:36 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Your best bet is to rip the SACD's to DSF files.

Why do you mean that best way is to downgrade from multichannel/stereo original SACD RIP to stereo DSF files?

There is no downgrade involved at all, the ISO is converted to DSF files losslessly. The only penalty is the DST compression found on the multichannel files will be discarded, so they will consume more storage space. 

Whether or not you can then playback the multichannel files with any given software is another/different topic, however there is no "downgrade" when extracting DSF from an ISO.

Software such as Moode is only going to playback the stereo files, but those stereo DSF tracks are not in any way inferior to what is found on the ISO.
(10-24-2021, 12:22 AM)MikeyFresh Wrote:
(10-23-2021, 04:13 PM)AKapl Wrote:

There is no downgrade involved at all, the ISO is converted to DSF files losslessly. The only penalty is the DST compression found on the multichannel files will be discarded, so they will consume more storage space. 

Whether or not you can then playback the multichannel files with any given software is another/different topic, however there is no "downgrade" when extracting DSF from an ISO.

Software such as Moode is only going to playback the stereo files, but those stereo DSF tracks are not in any way inferior to what is found on the ISO.

Thanks Mikey