Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Gapless Playback
Hello, hoping someone can help me out. I recently switched from a usb topping dac to the allo Piano  2.1 in order to utilize the crossover feature and now when I play albums whose tracks continue into one another there’s a long gap and delay between them. This didn’t happen with the topping usb dac. This severely ruins the vibe on the superb What’s Going On album as well as the b side to abbey road. Playing from qobuz to a RPi3 controlled with mconnect. Any ideas?  Thanks
(10-23-2021, 10:34 PM)Theswza Wrote: Hello, hoping someone can help me out. I recently switched from a usb topping dac to the allo Piano  2.1 in order to utilize the crossover feature and now when I play albums whose tracks continue into one another there’s a long gap and delay between them. This didn’t happen with the topping usb dac. This severely ruins the vibe on the superb What’s Going On album as well as the b side to abbey road. Playing from qobuz to a RPi3 controlled with mconnect. Any ideas?  Thanks

That might not be a problem with the DAC, but a problem with mconnect. 

I noticed at some point that mconnect was no longer playing Qobuz gapless despite the fact it used to in my system, and I hadn't made any other changes. I use a Topping D30 Pro DAC connected via USB.

If you use Android, you can give BubbleUPnP a try, that app still works gapless with Qobuz for me.
(10-23-2021, 10:34 PM)Theswza Wrote: Hello, hoping someone can help me out. I recently switched from a usb topping dac to the allo Piano  2.1 in order to utilize the crossover feature and now when I play albums whose tracks continue into one another there’s a long gap and delay between them. This didn’t happen with the topping usb dac. This severely ruins the vibe on the superb What’s Going On album as well as the b side to abbey road. Playing from qobuz to a RPi3 controlled with mconnect. Any ideas?  Thanks

That makes sense, they just had an update which coincided with this. Thanks for the reply
(10-24-2021, 12:15 AM)MikeyFresh Wrote:

That might not be a problem with the DAC, but a problem with mconnect. 

I noticed at some point that mconnect was no longer playing Qobuz gapless despite the fact it used to in my system, and I hadn't made any other changes. I use a Topping D30 Pro DAC connected via USB.

If you use Android, you can give BubbleUPnP a try, that app still works gapless with Qobuz for me.
Hey, just saw there’s a new setting in mconnect where you can choose gapless by app or gapless by renderer. I turned on the latter and it works now. Thanks
(10-24-2021, 02:23 AM)Theswza Wrote:

That makes sense, they just had an update which coincided with this. Thanks for the reply
Just so you know, the gapless to renderer option is not working correctly.  It says to turn off if your device does not support gapless over UPnP which must be the case.  Gapless by App doesn't work at all
(10-24-2021, 06:22 PM)Theswza Wrote:
(10-24-2021, 02:23 AM)Theswza Wrote:

Just so you know, the gapless to renderer option is not working correctly.  It says to turn off if your device does not support gapless over UPnP which must be the case.  Gapless by App doesn't work at all

Are you using the iOS version of mconnect?

I use mconnect on Android, there is only one Gapless setting, Gapless to Renderer on/off. 

It was in the off position and Qobuz was not playing gapless, however turning that to the on position does result in Qobuz playing gapless to Moode's UPnP renderer.

I no longer recall what the gapless setting choices used to be before the app updated, however something did change as originally both mconnect and BubbleUPnP played Qobuz gapless, but at some point mconnect had stopped working and I simply never even looked at those settings, I just started using Bubble or Audirvana to stream Qobuz instead.

After your post yesterday I checked into mconnect again and the gapless issue is now resolved using the setting described above in the Android version of mconnect.