Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Pi Zero 2 W
(01-06-2022, 02:43 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: The specs indicate the zero-2 is Cortex A53 which is 4-core ARMv8 and so in theory should be able to run Camilla.

A comment line below in the code for Audio Config shows Camilla is only enabled for certain Pi models and the zero 2 is not included in the list.

Code:
// Pi-2B rev 1.2, Allo USBridge SIG, Pi-3B/B+/A+, Pi-4B

@bitlab, should zero-2 be added to list for upcoming moOde 8 series?

-Tim

@Tim Curtis, @bitlab

Adding my CM4 was straight forward but the Zero 2 W will be a bit trickier.

In /var/www/snd-config.php we find this snippet

Code:
    $model = substr($_SESSION['hdwrrev'], 3, 1);
    $cmmodel = substr($_SESSION['hdwrrev'], 3, 3); // Generic Pi-CM3+, Pi-CM4 for future use
    $name = $_SESSION['hdwrrev'];
    // Pi-2B rev 1.2, Allo USBridge SIG, Pi-3B/B+/A+, Pi-4B
    if ($name == 'Pi-2B 1.2 1GB' || $model == '3' || $model == '4' || $name == 'Allo USBridge SIG [CM3+ Lite 1GB v1.0]') {
        $_camilladsp_set_disabled = ($_SESSION['invert_polarity'] != '0' || $_SESSION['crossfeed'] != 'Off' || $_SESSION['eqfa12p'] != 'Off' || $_SESSION['alsaeq
ual'] != 'Off') ? 'disabled' : '';
    }
    else {
        $_camilladsp_set_disabled = 'disabled';
    }

Here's what debugging reveals for three boards of mine

Code:
Raspberry Pi 3B+
$model = 3
$cmmodel = 3B+
$name = Pi-3B+ 1.3 1GB

Compute Module 4 4GB
$model = C
$cmmodel = CM4
$name = Pi-CM4 1.0 4GB

Zero 2 W
$model = Z
$cmmodel = Zer
$name = Pi-Zero 2 W 1.0 512MB

As you can see, adding the CM4 was just a matter of introducing an additional if clause
|| $cmmodel = "CM4"

OTOH, the existing substring variables aren't much use with the Zero 2 W. I might hack something tonight just to convince myself it is a viable platform but I can't imagine it isn't. It's performance is rather similar to the Pi 3A+

Regards,
Kent
Might have to do something like below...

Code:
(strpos($name, 'Pi-Zero 2') !== false)
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(01-06-2022, 11:00 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Might have to do something like below...

Code:
(strpos($name, 'Pi-Zero 2') !== false)

Yup. Now can enable camilladsp on my Zero 2 W as well as my CM4.

No time to benchmark comprehensively but just choosing the conv_ae_oratory1990__hd800s configuration, setting the Pi HDMI or Pi Audio jack as output device, and looking at the output from the top command while playing an Internet radio station I see the camilladsp process consuming;

6.6% CPU on RPi4B
6.6% CPU on CM4
8.6% CPU on RPi3B+
12.3% CPU on Zero 2 W

(where all the percentages jump around in roughly a 1% range).

The Zero 2 W seems up to the challenge.

Regards,
Kent
(10-29-2021, 07:18 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: As for the Zero 2 W, I (pre)ordered one from pishop.us the day of the release announcement. Who knows, it might arrive here before Christmas. I'm not holding my breath after my experience in ordering RPi4B and CM4 boards when they were first released. Tongue

Regards,
Kent

My Zero 2 W arrived today. Yay ! :-)   $25 NZ (16.57 US)+ shipping($6.50 NZ)  and still there are traders locally offering for $89.00 NZ   ($59.01 US) Huh + ($10.00 NZ) shipping
----------
bob