Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Pi Zero 2 W BT
By request of the admin I am opening a new thread.

There seems to be an issue with BT audio using the new Zero 2 W.  It constantly interrupts audio every couple of seconds while playing on BT.

It doesn't matter what brand of BT speaker it seems. Tried a couple of different models of Tribit BT speakers, different Sony BT speakers etc
I tested different sd-cards as 1 might have been a bit slow, tested different (quality) power supplies.

This morning I installed Raspberry Pi OS to check if it was an issue with the Pi itself. It coupled my Tribit speaker without an issue and I opened up Youtube (shouldn't have done that .. slow as hell ... really unbearable slow) and reverted back to a online stream URL from a radiostation that I used to test on Moode. Same stream would be more fair.  It played without an issue.
(10-30-2021, 08:40 AM)Lukesan Wrote: By request of the admin I am opening a new thread.

There seems to be an issue with BT audio using the new Zero 2 W.  It constantly interrupts audio every couple of seconds while playing on BT.

It doesn't matter what brand of BT speaker it seems. Tried a couple of different models of Tribit BT speakers, different Sony BT speakers etc
I tested different sd-cards as 1 might have been a bit slow, tested different (quality) power supplies.

This morning I installed Raspberry Pi OS to check if it was an issue with the Pi itself. It coupled my Tribit speaker without an issue and I opened up Youtube (shouldn't have done that .. slow as hell ... really unbearable slow) and reverted back to a online stream URL from a radiostation that I used to test on Moode. Same stream would be more fair.  It played without an issue.

If you're not using some quirky audio HAT and only use Bluetooth or USB, you could try updating the kernel on your moode box.

sudo rpi-update

will do it.

Cheers,

Phil

(10-30-2021, 08:58 AM)philrandal Wrote: If you're not using some quirky audio HAT and only use Bluetooth or USB, you could try updating the kernel on your moode box.

sudo rpi-update

will do it.

Cheers,

Phil

Thanks for the reply Phil. I would say pretty naked Pi here next to me. Did the update which made perfect sense.

Check after reboot -> *** Your firmware is already up to date (delete /boot/.firmware_revision to force an update anyway)

unfortunately the same issue. On 1 speaker sound on .. off every half a second. (I guess that would drive people crazy after 5 minutes  Big Grin )
I have noticed that when streaming bluetooth to my Pi zero W (not the 2 version) that I will get "pauses" in the audio if the screen of the streaming device in on. This does not happen when the same device is streaming to my Pi4. Kill the display and the audio is stable. Perhaps something similar going on here? I can't fathom why it happens.
----------------
Robert
(10-30-2021, 10:28 AM)the_bertrum Wrote: I have noticed that when streaming bluetooth to my Pi zero W (not the 2 version) that I will get "pauses" in the audio if the screen of the streaming device in on.  This does not happen when the same device is streaming to my Pi4.  Kill the display and the audio is stable.  Perhaps something similar going on here?  I can't fathom why it happens.

Good idea. Did the same now, including disable of the wired network, which is not there,  on the Zero 2.   The issue remains the same it seems.

On the Zero 1 W (if we can call it that way now) I've never had any issues because it was not connected to anything at all, except power of course. 
The thing played almost non stop during spring and summer (not this year) on a solar panel and a very small ups board.
I do seriously notice the difference between the old 8GB card that was inside it and a newer 32GB one.