Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Pi 1.b Suttering
My very old install of Moode crashed do to a weird power outage, so I decided to update to a newer version of Moode, but now the audio is stuttering every 15 or so seconds.  My initial thought was that the newer version of Moode are too intense for my old Pi to handle, is there any tests or suggestions on how to rectify this?
A little more information would help... Wink

What version of MoOde....what source/s does it "stutter" with ?  Radio ? USB ?  NAS ?
What audio device does it use ?

Have you set the USB mode for the Pi 1B ? 
Open System Config and change USB auto-mounter to Devmon save and reboot.

For even more info you can reboot and post the Moode startup log.

Code:
moodeutl -l
----------
bob
Hi,

Moode Version 7.41
USB Mode is Devmon.
Stuttering is happening with Radio and NAS.
I use an external USB DAC. MPD HIFI-REF to Native DSD.

Everything else is left to default.

Thanks for the help.
What manufacture and model is the DAC?
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
EDIT 11/6 - Problem resolved itself after playing 10 minutes or so of 16/44.1 FLAC files then coming back to the 24/96 files. **shoulder shrug**

So unfortunately I'm experiencing a similar situation.

Updated my MoOde setup (6.x.x) to 7.4.1 and am having bad skipping on my 24/96 FLAC files played from my NFS share. These files played without issue before moving to 7.4.1.

16/44.1 FLAC and MP3's play without issue from the same NFS server.

I've tested with two separate SD cards, increased buffer settings, all to no avail.

Running MoOde 7.4.1 on 3B+>Allo Digione>Topping DAC>Sony Receiver

I'll see if I have an older version of MoOde laying around and see if the problem is remedied with such.
I don't know whether this is a related phenomenon, but I am experiencing an increasingly laggy and almost unrespomsive Web UI on my RPi 1B moOde installation. This is a basic moOde installation on a RPi 1N with no additional DAC or hardware other than a USB WiFi Adapter and USB Bluetooth Transmitter. I use this as a remote (slave) to my Library installed on a RPi 3B accessed by SMB over the WiFi network.

The symptom is that the Web UI is very slow to appear after Biit ... could be 3 to 5 minutes. After selecting an iten and tapping Play, it can take several taps at minute intervals for Play to start and after Play starts, the UI doesn't update to show the Pause bars ... for up to 10 minutes.

This problem seemed to appear around the update from v7.30 to 7.40 and then perhaps got worse with each update ... now on v7.50.

I am downloading v7.50 so that I can do a clean installation on a fresh MicroSD Card and see if that helps. I will report back later.

Robin
Try clearing the cache on your client Browser and disabling any Browser add-ons or plugin's that might be suspect.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(11-11-2021, 03:41 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Try clearing the cache on your client Browser and disabling any Browser add-ons or plugin's that might be suspect.

Hi Tim, I tried clearing the Cache and disablinf all Add-ons ( there were none on my Phone Chrome Browser) but it didn't help. I also tried with Firefox and Edge on my Laptop but behaviour is the same.

I have now downloaded and flashed a fresh installation and with one exception, it seems to be behaving similarly to my RPi 3B installation.

The one exception is that the UI is considerably more laggy on the RPi 1B. If I tap the Play Icon, it will start to play immediately but it can be 21 seconds before the Play Icon changes to the Pause Icon. When I tap Pause, it can be 8 seconds for the Play Icon to appear.

I don't expect the RPi 1B to be fast and this is not a problem for me as I am only using it as a Clock Radio Smile 

Robin