Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Backup 4.1 configuration
Hi All,

Sorry if this has been asked before. I did search but couldn't find a definitive answer.

Being the "geek" I am, I like to always have the latest and just noticed 4.2 is out (ok, a bit slow finding 4.2 was out).

My question is "Can I backup my configuration".

I was hoping (even just copying some config files) I could backup the current 4.1 configuration including network settings and UI settings?

I thought I saw a backup/restore option in one of the menus, but I must have been dreaming as I can find anything.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Rob
Hi Rob,

There is no explicit backup/restore settings feature but when possible I try to provide in-place update for upgrading from one version to the next for example there is a high likelihood that an update will be available for 4.2 -> 4.3 but unfortunately it was not possible to make an update for 4.1 -> 4.2.

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(09-02-2018, 01:32 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Hi Rob,

There is no explicit backup/restore settings feature but when possible I try to provide in-place update for upgrading from one version to the next for example there is a high likelihood that an update will be available for 4.2 -> 4.3 but unfortunately it was not possible to make an update for 4.1 -> 4.2.

-Tim

Thanks Tim.

I upgraded and set everything back up again... Didn't take long. I was more worried about getting the 5" screen working again, but applied the settings I had on file and all worked.

Thanks,
Rob