Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Thread Closed 
WebGUI Problems
Hi Forum,

I have today installed moode for the first time on my pi 4b with the moode-r741-iso.img.

I followed the setup guide and was able to access the webgui from my laptop.

But I have some minor problems where I need some advice.

1. I don't get the cover of the current stattion displayed - maybe I switched something off in the settings? In the Library View I can see the covers from the station - but not on the play bar and "play page"... also I added a station - but the cover is also not on the Library View

2. when I enter the BlueZ entry from the menu I never get a response back - but on htop I can see a lot processes running /var/www/command/bt.sh

EDIT:

3. the gui is after a reboot not working fully - and when I check mpd it is not running.

Code:
● mpd.service - Music Player Daemon
   Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/mpd.service; disabled; vendor preset: enabled)
  Drop-In: /etc/systemd/system/mpd.service.d
           └─override.conf
   Active: inactive (dead)

I can manually start the service, but I think this should not be the case?

Need some help please.

Thanks
Re-image the SDCard and then post the Moode startup log after powering up.

Code:
moodeutl -l
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
ok, and there is no better way to do diagnostic the system?

Its like you tell somebody to reinstall there windows/linux install, without looking at the real problem?
ok, however - after reinstall the SD it runs again.... seams that moode is not `apt upgrade` safe?!

How will the system be safe, when we can not update it?

Before I was running raudio on this pi and it was rock stable safe for all updates.... but I will test moode, maybe I can help to fix some things, that the system stays more stable.
(11-08-2021, 09:32 PM)TCr82 Wrote: ok, and there is no better way to do diagnostic the system?

Its like you tell somebody to reinstall there windows/linux install, without looking at the real problem?

Your symptoms suggested corruption in the image, that's why re-image was the first step.
----------------
Robert
(11-08-2021, 09:58 PM)TCr82 Wrote: ok, however - after reinstall the SD it runs again.... seams that moode is not `apt upgrade` safe?!

How will the system be safe, when we can not update it?

Before I was running raudio on this pi and it was rock stable safe for all updates.... but I will test moode, maybe I can help to fix some things, that the system stays more stable.

One of the reasons we could be pretty sure your image was corrupt, is because moOde is built and tested with a specific set of components and specific versions.  If you upgrade bits, we don't know what has changed, and therefore can't be sure what's broken.

Remember, moOde is not a program running on RaspiOS, it is a system that uses components from RaspiOS.

And it stays safe by being inside your own network that you have secured.
----------------
Robert
Correct. The project only supports the bits that ship with each release or in-place update and we generally only support the current release. This is typical practice for embedded systems like moOde and it ensures we can provide a high level of support and troubleshooting and can have the capability of reproducing an issue if need be.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub