Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Official moOde 7.5.0 support thread
I recently installed a fresh image of moode 7.4.1 and updated to 7.5 without issues. I also had an automatic library update.

on both version the cover transport while using upnp renderer from bubbleupnp doesn't work. I remember the switch to version 7.0 where we also this issue.

does anyone else have this problem?

EDIT: was an user issue. I updated upnp packages, what works for moode 7.3 but seems to crash something on 7.4.1 and 7.5.
Has anyone got the Backup/Restore procedure to work? On both my systems all the buttons for restoring the settings remain at 'NO' and won't turn on.
Select a backup file and the buttons should automatically be set to reflect the contents of the file.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(11-11-2021, 04:42 PM)zOr7gA8 Wrote: I recently installed a fresh image of moode 7.4.1 and updated to 7.5 without issues. I also had an automatic library update.

on both version the cover transport while using upnp renderer from bubbleupnp doesn't work. I remember the switch to version 7.0 where we also this issue.

does anyone else have this problem?

I tried with the UPnP renderer first set in UPnP-A/V service type and then set in OpenHome service type.

From BubbleUPnP on my Pixel 3A phone I'm getting cover art either way. However, it seems to take about 5 seconds for the cover to come up in the moOdeUI after a track has started to play. ISTR this is an issue with upmpdli but my memory may be faulty.

Regards,
Kent
(11-11-2021, 06:38 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Select a backup file and the buttons should automatically be set to reflect the contents of the file.

Like @jonners I thought traversing the restore menu was a top-down affair (as it is in the backup menu) and got confused when I couldn't make selections. 

Once I figured it out, it because became a non-issue, but maybe there could be a wee bit more explanatory text for first-timers? 

Regards,
Kent
(11-11-2021, 06:38 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Select a backup file and the buttons should automatically be set to reflect the contents of the file.

I select a file but still see 'No file selected'.
The moodecfg.ini and station_data.json files are in faint type and can't be selected
The Restore function works only with the file made from the companion Backup function. It would be named something like below.

backup_moode_211108_1059.zip

Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(11-11-2021, 08:36 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: The Restore function works only with the file made from the companion Backup function. It would be named something like below.

Well I did use the backup function but the downloaded file automatically unzips, and the .zip file disappears from the downloads folder. Will it only work with a .zip file?
EDIT: I stopped Safari being so helpful by deselecting one of the default preferences, and now it works OK.
Thanks for the help.
(11-11-2021, 08:54 PM)jonners Wrote:
(11-11-2021, 08:36 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: The Restore function works only with the file made from the companion Backup function. It would be named something like below.

Well I did use the backup function but the downloaded file automatically unzips, and  the .zip file disappears from the downloads folder. Will it only work with a .zip file?

Obviously, I misunderstood which part of the process wasn't working for you. What operating system are you using in which "the downloaded file automatically unzips"? Not happening for me in a Linux box or in a Win10 system running in VirtualBox on the same Linux box.

Regards,
Kent
@TheOldPresbyope
It was a Safari thing. I've edited my above post.
Thanks.