Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Official moOde 7.5.0 support thread
Update from 0.7.4, seemingly fine, but cannot play ANY music file from my NAS (everything was fine on 0.7.4). All tracks give me

"Failed to decode /var/lib/mpd/music/NAS/Music/Purple Motion/Second Reality/10 Second Reality.mp3; Failed to open '/var/lib/mpd/music/NAS/Music/Purple Motion/Second Reality/10 Second Reality.mp3': No such device"

Rpi2 with just a headphone jack output. Also, the library seems to have been reset. Both my music sources show green ticks (= mounted fine).

Airplay and Spotify Connect both work. Any tips? How do I get logs?

EDIT: library update finished and my music folder is completely ignored. Only the audio books folder got scanned. Both have green ticks as mounted. Jeez.
EDIT2: had to remove the Music share and re-add to have it back in the Library.
EDIT3: after full library refresh (spinner is gone), I can see only a couple of pages in Album view and Tag view, but everything in the Folder view. Jesus Christ, this is a completely botched update.
The steps of an in-place update are logged in the file below. It may indicate whether any errors occurred. The Moode startup log also may indicate errors related to an incomplete update.

Code:
# Update log
cat /var/local/www/update-r741.log

# Moode startup log
moodeutl -l

If no errors are indicated in the logs then your symptoms would suggest something external for example out-of-disk-space, bad SD Card, modified system, 3rd party software installed, Browser cache issues, etc.

If you don't suspect any external issues then your best bet is to start with a fresh image and take a few minutes to reconfigure your system. Be sure to first clear your Browser cache.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(11-12-2021, 08:18 AM)the_bertrum Wrote: I tried Spotify on 7.5.0 last night.  It took several minutes of hair pulling over why I got no sound before I accidentally pressed the volume control on my phone.  I have Spotify set to 100% initial volume and completely forgot that the volume is actually controlled by the phone/control point.  Seems that the update resets the initial volume to 0.  I record this here just in case a fellow traveller is on the same road.

One thing I have noticed with Spotify Connect on 7.5.0 is that when i adjust the volume by pressing volume up/down buttons on my iphone, the result is stuttering/dropout on Moode as the volume 'catches up' over Spotify Connect.  I don't recall this happening previously... it was a little laggy in raising/lowering the volume but it didn't actually interrupt the music.    I may try a fresh install to see if there's any improvement
Hi Tim, I had to remove and re-add my sources and regereate the whole library and thumbnails, but now it works fine. It doesn't look like a corrupted card. Thanks for that log command, I have found the moodeutl command. Please add it to the instructions, it's not there.
Hello, I make an inplace update... everything seems to work except the fact that the pi7" touchscreen go to black after a while.
Coverview work but it seem that something is messed up with energy saving... ?
I already try to check and uncheck related options.
What could it be ?
Rasptouch case with RPI3 + I2C 16x2 screen and IR port
Audiophonics I-Sabre V2.1 DAC ES9023 TCXO
Try toggling the Screen blank option on System Config leaving the final setting at "Never"
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(11-17-2021, 07:19 PM)ElmhurstFun Wrote:
(11-12-2021, 08:18 AM)the_bertrum Wrote: I tried Spotify on 7.5.0 last night.  It took several minutes of hair pulling over why I got no sound before I accidentally pressed the volume control on my phone.  I have Spotify set to 100% initial volume and completely forgot that the volume is actually controlled by the phone/control point.  Seems that the update resets the initial volume to 0.  I record this here just in case a fellow traveller is on the same road.

One thing I have noticed with Spotify Connect on 7.5.0 is that when i adjust the volume by pressing volume up/down buttons on my iphone, the result is stuttering/dropout on Moode as the volume 'catches up' over Spotify Connect.  I don't recall this happening previously... it was a little laggy in raising/lowering the volume but it didn't actually interrupt the music.    I may try a fresh install to see if there's any improvement

I actually noticed this too last night.  Most of my players have maximum volume all the time (downstream amplifiers control the volume), but one in an old radio in the kitchen uses in-player controls.  I rarely listen to Spotify on that one, but did just last night.  I wondered if it was simply that I'm using a Pi Zero and it can't cope.  What hardware is yours running on?
----------------
Robert
(11-15-2021, 11:38 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote:
(11-15-2021, 11:25 AM)John Glenn Wrote: ICan someone explain to me why the last update does not play the music according to list but randomly.
Is there something wrong please advise

Reboot then post the Moode startup log.

Code:
moodeutl -l
New sd installed and problem left so sd was corrupt .
After a clean install and reset, no more problems
Thank you very much for support.
(11-18-2021, 08:05 AM)the_bertrum Wrote:

I actually noticed this too last night.  Most of my players have maximum volume all the time (downstream amplifiers control the volume), but one in an old radio in the kitchen uses in-player controls.  I rarely listen to Spotify on that one, but did just last night.  I wondered if it was simply that I'm using a Pi Zero and it can't cope.  What hardware is yours running on?

That is a common element between us!   This is on a Pi Zero W, with a Hifiberry DAC+ Pro HAT.   I know the librespot version changed in this release, so maybe that is a factor.  I will experiment this weekend with the clean install (I had in-place upgraded from 7.4.1) and I have plenty of larger PI's I can test with to see if the Pi Zero is the root or not.
(11-18-2021, 04:23 PM)ElmhurstFun Wrote:
(11-18-2021, 08:05 AM)the_bertrum Wrote:

That is a common element between us!   This is on a Pi Zero W, with a Hifiberry DAC+ Pro HAT.   I know the librespot version changed in this release, so maybe that is a factor.  I will experiment this weekend with the clean install (I had in-place upgraded from 7.4.1) and I have plenty of larger PI's I can test with to see if the Pi Zero is the root or not.

I've just tried the different volume curves in the Spotify renderer and they all have the same behaviour.  I'll try adjusting the volume on one of my RPi4 based players tonight.
----------------
Robert