Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

[split] Browse by Composer
(11-11-2021, 01:31 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: An option to set which tag is used to populate the first Tag view column could be doable but which tags are on the table and which one's make sense?

So far its only Genre or Composer.

From my own perspective those two would suffice! :-) 

Would it be doable to have an additional choice in the Library dropdown, say between Tag and Album, that leads to the same view as Tag but with the Tag panel populated by composers? 

Or make the Genres panel header clickable in order to toggle between genre and composer?
(11-11-2021, 02:01 PM)GStevens Wrote:
(11-11-2021, 01:31 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: An option to set which tag is used to populate the first Tag view column could be doable but which tags are on the table and which one's make sense?

It would be good to be able to flex the first two columns (changeable in configuration).  The first two columns could then be:
Genre, Album Artist (as is now)
Genre, Composer
Composer, Genre
Composer, Album Artist
etc.

I don't know whether this is feasible, but it would introduce a good level of flexibilty.

Thanks,
Geoff

Not feasible with the existing code but maybe a dev will volunteer their time to rewrite the Library.

I'm just interested in knowing whether an the option for Genre or Composer or other tag in the first column is really worth spending the time to investigate since at first glance I don't think it would require any major rewriting of the Library code.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(11-11-2021, 02:33 PM)guermantes Wrote:

Would it be doable to have an additional choice in the Library dropdown, say between Tag and Album, that leads to the same view as Tag but with the Tag panel populated by composers? 

Or make the Genres panel header clickable in order to toggle between genre and composer?

A toggle between Genres and Composers for example by clicking on the header might be possible but I'll have to look into how the entire feature would look and make sure its not going to turn into a rabbit hole.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(11-11-2021, 03:35 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote:
(11-11-2021, 02:33 PM)guermantes Wrote:

A toggle between Genres and Composers for example by clicking on the header might be possible but I'll have to look into how the entire feature would look and make sure its not going to turn into a rabbit hole.
Although not giving total flexibility, I think that a toggle would be worthwhile, if it is something that can be reasonably easily implemented.

Thanks,
Geoff