Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Official moOde 7.6.0 support thread
@Britracer

Oops. So I said

Quote:There's no primary/secondary nameserver setup available in moOde's Network Config screen. Your moOde player gets the gateway and nameserver information from whatever DHCP server is running on your LAN. I assume this means the SynologySmartConnect.

It should be obvious I was thinking of running moOde as a DHCP client. If you're futzing with static IPs, then, yes, there's the whole menu of network parameter settings. My observation has been that users who go for static IPs run into issues (with their router, not moOde) and are better off creating an IP reservation in their router settings but the static approach does work.

Sorry for muddying the waters.

Regards,
Kent
(12-31-2021, 02:57 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Prolly due to the command used by moOde to parse out the DNS address. It gets the address from the 3rd line in the /etc/resolv.conf file. Maybe when there are both primary and secondary addresses in resolve.conf the secondary address is in the 3rd line. 

See below.

Code:
pi@rp1:~ $ cat /etc/resolv.conf
# Generated by resolvconf
domain home
nameserver 192.168.1.1

pi@rp1:~ $ cat /etc/resolv.conf | awk 'NR==3 {print $2}'
pi@rp1:~ $

Errm, resolv.conf can vary. 

For example, for a moOde player configured for DHCP with Xfinity/Comcast as my ISP and no local DNS service on the router (e.g., all comcast nameservers)

Code:
domain hsd1.md.comcast.net
nameserver 75.75.75.75
nameserver 75.75.76.76
nameserver 2001:558:feed::1
nameserver 2001:558:feed::2
nameserver <an IPv6 address within my subnet>

When I reconfigure the player for static IP with Google as primary (8.8.8.8) and CloudFlare as secondary (1.1.1.1) nameservers, the resolv.conf file reads

Code:
nameserver 8.8.8.8
nameserver 1.1.1.1
nameserver 2001:558:feed::1
nameserver 2001:558:feed::2
nameserver <an IPv6 address within my subnet>

e.g., no "domain" line.

I think it would be better for worker.php to search explicitly for the first line beginning with "nameserver". I'll post an issue to the repo.

Regards,
Kent
Sounds good.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(12-31-2021, 03:45 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: @Britracer

Oops. So I said

Quote:There's no primary/secondary nameserver setup available in moOde's Network Config screen. Your moOde player gets the gateway and nameserver information from whatever DHCP server is running on your LAN. I assume this means the SynologySmartConnect.

It should be obvious I was thinking of running moOde as a DHCP client. If you're futzing with static IPs, then, yes, there's the whole menu of network parameter settings. My observation has been that users who go for static IPs run into issues (with their router, not moOde) and are better off creating an IP reservation in their router settings but the static approach does work.

Sorry for muddying the waters.

Regards,
Kent

Kent,
I reconfigured all the players to DHCP and it seems much better.  Will continue to monitor.
Thanks everyone for the support.
Tim,
noticed this in the Audio Info. output.
Ripped from CD shows encoded at f bit (assume this means 16 bit)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Which version of moOde?
Enjoy the Music!
(01-22-2022, 08:47 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Which version of moOde?

IIRC MPD returns "f" designation in its format string instead of a legit bit depth for certain audio formats for example AAC or ALAC (m4a).
Enjoy the Music!
(01-22-2022, 09:16 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: IIRC MPD returns "f" designation in its format string instead of a legit bit depth for certain audio formats for example AAC or ALAC (m4a).

Makes sense - AAC format
Thanks
(01-22-2022, 09:24 PM)Britracer Wrote:
(01-22-2022, 09:16 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: IIRC MPD returns "f" designation in its format string instead of a legit bit depth for certain audio formats for example AAC or ALAC (m4a).

Makes sense - AAC format
Thanks

From the Wikipedia article on audio bit depth

Quote:Bit depth is only meaningful in reference to a PCM digital signal. Non-PCM formats, such as lossy compression formats, do not have associated bit depths.

I remember Tim and I had a go-around about the "f bit" designation some time ago. I don't recall us figuring out why "f".

Regards,
Kent