Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Official moOde 7.6.0 support thread
(11-27-2021, 10:27 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: From the 7.6.0 release notes

Code:
Bug fixes

- FIX: URL encoding for radio station logos
Ah. Thanks Tim
I need to pay more attention
(11-26-2021, 06:43 PM)roderickvd Wrote: You don't need to run a 64-bit kernel to use 64-bit integers or floats in user land. In fact on CPU's that support 64-bit, there will be no noticeable difference in CPU or RAM usage when using 64-bit samples on either a 32-bit or 64-bit kernel.

64-bit kernels will allow access to more RAM (which is doubtful you'll have) and may offer micro-optimizations because some 64-bit instructions are bit more efficient than 32-bit instructions. Those optimizations will be almost unmeasurable except in specific benchmarks.

It is very unlikely you will hear any SQ improvements. Given a certain audio file, renderers will have the exact same output on either 32-bit or 64-bit kernels. If there are any improvements, they will be side-effects in drivers that perhaps influence jitter. But it's very unlikely.

Thanks for the nice info regarding 64-bit :-)

Was it in this thread or another that volume glitches on Zero were mentioned? I also experience volume glitches and other audio glitches when using librespot + Multiroom. Maybe some sort of odd interaction between librespot ALSA API and the Loopback ALSA config for our Multiroom setup.

When I get some spare cycles I'll post an issue in your repo.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(11-28-2021, 10:01 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote:
(11-26-2021, 06:43 PM)roderickvd Wrote: You don't need to run a 64-bit kernel to use 64-bit integers or floats in user land. In fact on CPU's that support 64-bit, there will be no noticeable difference in CPU or RAM usage when using 64-bit samples on either a 32-bit or 64-bit kernel.

64-bit kernels will allow access to more RAM (which is doubtful you'll have) and may offer micro-optimizations because some 64-bit instructions are bit more efficient than 32-bit instructions. Those optimizations will be almost unmeasurable except in specific benchmarks.

It is very unlikely you will hear any SQ improvements. Given a certain audio file, renderers will have the exact same output on either 32-bit or 64-bit kernels. If there are any improvements, they will be side-effects in drivers that perhaps influence jitter. But it's very unlikely.

Was it in this thread or another that volume glitches on Zero were mentioned? I also experience volume glitches and other audio glitches when using librespot + Multiroom. Maybe some sort of odd interaction between librespot ALSA API and the Loopback ALSA config for our Multiroom setup.

Ok after some testing It appears that our ALSA config for Multiroom is not optimal for librespot and can cause audio glitches. I do have a solution for this though :-) Also the stuttery volume change issue was due to a bug in our event script and has been resolved https://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread....9#pid38499

I'll plan to include both of these fixes in upcoming moOde 7.6.1 release.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(11-29-2021, 11:15 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote:
(11-28-2021, 10:01 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote:

Ok after some testing It appears that our ALSA config for Multiroom is not optimal for librespot and can cause audio glitches. I do have a solution for this though :-) Also the stuttery volume change issue was due to a bug in our event script and has been resolved https://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread....9#pid38499

I'll plan to include both of these fixes in upcoming moOde 7.6.1 release.

Great stuff. Does that solution entail any changes on our end? If so feel free to open an issue or PR over at GitHub. Cheers.
I'm using Moode since 1 year, this release is a big step ahead about stability. Using It with mpd/upnp service It works without issue. Previous release have had some issues with upnp. This version Is great!
Hi this is the query...
this is the second time I have encountered the problem by doing the same steps:
on RPi 3b + with MoOde 7.6.0,
with UPnP enabled
by performing a simple action under /configure/network/ in Address assignment change only profile from dhcp to static, then saving and then returning the configuration to dhcp by saving again and then resetting MoOde

... after this action if I start Bubble UPnP where I had configured Tidal, it returns me that the profile has been blocked, and even uninstalling the apps the account remains blocked,
same drama even on the PC apps with the same answer ... and also if I try to reset the tidal password over wep portal ... I'm accepted more as a user associated with the email with which I signed the contract ...

Some people have suggestions?
(also I've try to change the DNS pheraps depending of ISP filtering ... but never!)
(12-08-2021, 01:25 AM)AndromedaStrain Wrote: Hi this is the query...
this is the second time I have encountered the problem by doing the same steps:
on RPi 3b + with MoOde 7.6.0,
with UPnP enabled
by performing a simple action under /configure/network/    in Address assignment   change only profile from dhcp to static, then saving and then returning the configuration to dhcp by saving again and then resetting MoOde

... after this action if I start Bubble UPnP where I had configured Tidal, it returns me that the profile has been blocked, and even uninstalling the apps the account remains blocked,
same drama even on the PC apps with the same answer ... and also if I try to reset the tidal password over wep portal ... I'm  accepted more as a user associated with the email with which I signed the contract ...

Some people have suggestions?
(also I've try to change the DNS pheraps depending of ISP filtering ... but never!)

That sounds like it needs addressing by Tidal support folks I think.
----------------
Robert
(11-23-2021, 01:35 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Hi,

Post all bug reports and questions concerning moOde 7.6.0 or the in-place update from 7.5.0 to 7.6.0

Please paste log output, scripts, etc in code boxes for readability.

-Tim

Tim, am having issues re-mounting my NAS.  Used to work seamlessly, now for some reason on 2 of the players it continuously fails to remount.  One is working as before - all have same settings for the NAS?

Are there any tricks I am missing.
Using the default settings for mount flags: ro,dir_mode=0777,file_mode=0777
Synology NAS, works fine on the 3B+, not on the zero or the 1B
(12-27-2021, 04:56 PM)Britracer Wrote:

Post all bug reports and questions concerning moOde 7.6.0 or the in-place update from 7.5.0 to 7.6.0

-Tim

Tim, am having issues re-mounting my NAS.  Used to work seamlessly, now for some reason on 2 of the players it continuously fails to remount.  One is working as before - all have same settings for the NAS?

One more thing - If I restart the player I can then generally re-mount the NAS
(12-27-2021, 05:00 PM)Britracer Wrote:
(12-27-2021, 04:56 PM)Britracer Wrote:

-Tim

One more thing - If I restart the player I can then generally re-mount the NAS

Are all your players at the same version level (currently 7.6.1)?

Random thoughts-

Perhaps it's just a coincidence, but both the Pi 1B and the Pi Zero (the original, not the Zero 2) use 32-bit CPUs which run the ARMv6 instruction set while the Pi 3B+ uses 64-bit/32-bit CPUs which run the ARMv8 instruction set. Probably a red herring, but it's an obvious distinction between your system which works and those that don't.

In the past, most of the problems users have had trying to use a Synology NAS as a music source have been resolved when they figured out the SMB protocol version they needed to specify so the Samba client in moOde and the Samba server on the Synology would negotiate successfully. If your three players have the same settings then this would seem not to be the problem but worth keeping in mind.

Regards,
Kent