Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Not booting anymore - how to repair?
Hi!
My RPi4 is installed on an Audiophonics RaspDac (EVO Sabre), and when I shut it down, it simply switch off the RPi.

I think that's why sometimes it doesn't boot anymore and I have to reinstall Moode periodically (re-configure etc.., boring).
Right now I get a Kernel Panic. I tried to repair filesystems (fsck, Gparted...) but It doesn't work.

1. Any solution to avoid that? I can't always go to the menu and manually shut down...

2. Can I repair the system instead of reinstall?

Thank you...
I would advice to buy a new SD card and just install the latest Moode on it.
It wont take many minutes to set Moode up as you prefer.

Not worth the spent time and effort fighting or trying to fix an unstable/broken system.
Ok, that's clear, I'll reinstall!

My SD is a good quality one and pretty new, I won't change it. And Installing and configuring take me always an hour. And more I have to install Audiophonics OLED and remote manager.

If you have an advice to avoid this issue, please tell me...
(12-02-2021, 10:25 AM)rph-r Wrote: Hi!
My RPi4 is installed on an Audiophonics RaspDac (EVO Sabre), and when I shut it down, it simply switch off the RPi.

I think that's why sometimes it doesn't boot anymore and I have to reinstall Moode periodically (re-configure etc.., boring).

The word "periodically" caught my eye.

All my testing and listening moOde systems use either an official Raspberry PI power pack or ones sold for RPis, such as those from Canakit. I have repeatedly shut down by unplugging/switching off the AC power, or by switching off the DC output, or simply by pulling the USB power connector from the RPi. My systems reliably reboot once power is reapplied. Occasionally I remember to shutdown moOde first but often I don't. I believe Tim has reported similarly.

I have no idea how the Audiophonics device handles power distribution to the RPi, though. Perhaps you should ask Audiophoncs for their comment and recommendation.

Regards,
Kent
(12-02-2021, 10:58 AM)rph-r Wrote: Ok, that's clear, I'll reinstall!

My SD is a good quality one and pretty new, I won't change it. And Installing and configuring take me always an hour. And more I have to install Audiophonics OLED and remote manager.

If you have an advice to avoid this issue, please tell me...

Hi,
Do you think acceptable (for you) to use a button switch to shutdown the Rpi?
Regards,
Francesco
I didn't dig the ext button, since all gpio are used by the DAC...

Now if you know the way I can do that i'll give a try, but only if I'm sure the damages on boot comes from hard shutdown, which seems not to be the case.

I am investigating the clue given by TheOldPresbyope, the DAC power management...
(12-14-2021, 01:18 PM)rph-r Wrote: I didn't dig the ext button, since all gpio are used by the DAC...

Now if you know the way I can do that i'll give a try, but only if I'm sure the damages on boot comes from hard shutdown, which seems not to be the case.

I am investigating the clue given by TheOldPresbyope, the DAC power management...

Hello,
It seems that somebody else had a similar problem with another player software: Please try to have a look to the following link:
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=w...1QrvEclBe7
Best regards,
Francesco