Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Department of Oh, Duhh: Tablet and phone performace problem solved
I've gone on at great length about my response time problems with the Moode UI on my tablet and phone.  I isolated it to hardware a couple of months ago when I discovered that a 4 year old modest laptop could run the Moode web interface just fine.  
The solution was staring me in the face.  I've learned to configure MPD, more or less.  It's a pain and I haven't written down instructions so I keep making the same mistakes.  MPD front ends work great as players on my phone and tablet.  Well, duhh.  I have this great software based on MPD.  It can do all sorts of tweaks and comes with DSP.  The music library and output device get configured without my having to edit a configuration file. I have been using MALP and tried pointing it at Moode.  It works.  I can do configuration stuff on my desktop and play music on my tablet and phone now. 

It's one of those ideas that makes you wonder why you didn't think of it years ago.
I've just had another somewhat less than brilliant insight about devices that don't run the regular Moode interface well.  Configure Moode as a UPNP renderer.  BubbleUPNP, or lots of others, works just great.  

(12-06-2021, 02:01 AM)nosferatu_cat Wrote: I've gone on at great length about my response time problems with the Moode UI on my tablet and phone.  I isolated it to hardware a couple of months ago when I discovered that a 4 year old modest laptop could run the Moode web interface just fine.  
The solution was staring me in the face.  I've learned to configure MPD, more or less.  It's a pain and I haven't written down instructions so I keep making the same mistakes.  MPD front ends work great as players on my phone and tablet.  Well, duhh.  I have this great software based on MPD.  It can do all sorts of tweaks and comes with DSP.  The music library and output device get configured without my having to edit a configuration file. I have been using MALP and tried pointing it at Moode.  It works.  I can do configuration stuff on my desktop and play music on my tablet and phone now. 

It's one of those ideas that makes you wonder why you didn't think of it years ago.