Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Can you not use the analog out on a Pi?
Just looking for an alternative to Volumio, and MoOde looked promising, but it doesn't appear to work with the built in analog output on the raspberry pi.

Is this the case? If not, how do I configure MoOde to use the analog (1/8 jack) output for audio? 

I'm working with a Raspberry pi 2 B 1.1

Thanks!
(12-10-2021, 06:52 PM)229Mick Wrote: Just looking for an alternative to Volumio, and MoOde looked promising, but it doesn't appear to work with the built in analog output on the raspberry pi.

Is this the case? If not, how do I configure MoOde to use the analog (1/8 jack) output for audio? 

I'm working with a Raspberry pi 2 B 1.1

Thanks!

Yes, you can.

Go to m > Configure > Audio > MPD settings

Under "Audio output" you'll see "Output device" with a pulldown-menu box next to it. On my RPi2B test rig, this device was set to "Pi HDMI 1" by default. Just click on the box and you'll see "Pi Headphone jack" offered as well. Choose it and be sure to click the SAVE box when you're done.

You should be good to go.

Regards,
Kent
That did it. Thanks so much.
I followed the getting started doc, and it said to setup your device in the audio device, so after starting it up and getting no audio, I messed with that before looking in the MPD settings.
Looks like the initial problem was that it defaulted to HDMI output rather than the headphone, and I messed up other settings before i got to the MPD settings.

Thanks again!
The configuration for audio devices is a bit compartmentalized and it's not obvious that MPD config has to be used for selecting HDMI or Headphone out.

The plan is to address this in moOde 8 series which should be coming out in Q1 2022 :-)
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(12-10-2021, 09:54 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: The configuration for audio devices is a bit compartmentalized and it's not obvious that MPD config has to be used for selecting HDMI or Headphone out.

The plan is to address this in moOde 8 series which should be coming out in Q1 2022 :-)

Once I got it playing audio it seems great, and MUCH more responsive than Volumio. With that I'd hit play and wait several seconds for the song to start playing!

While I've got you... Is there a manual anywhere? I haven't been able to figure out how to make a playlist or where the favorites go when I add them..?

Thanks!
Menu, Quick help is the manual. If you need help on any particular part of moOde just post in the Support sub-forum.

Playlists are created from whatever is in the Queue. Click the ... context menu then "Save to playlist". You can name the playlist in the popup that will appear.

Saved playlists and the Favorites playlist are listed in Library Folder view. The heart icon adds items to the Favorites playlist. You can have multiple favorites playlists by ... context menu then "Set favorites"
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Got it, thanks again!