Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: Squeezelite not working
Hi - advice needed. Hardware is Pi 4 - Allo Digione Signature - Allo Shanti  PSU. I have been using PiCorePlayer with no issues but have read various articles saying Moode is superior sound quality. So I am now trying  v7.6. I go through the setup - select Allo Digione Signature as output - then enable Squeezelite. I get the messege 'Squeezelite Renderer Enabled' , but it doesn't show as a renderer in LMS. Also, when I leave the Moode GUI and connect to it again, I get straight into it - should it be blocking the GUI if Squeezelite running OK. Tried UPnP, this appeared as a renderer in LMS straight away - but I get NO SOUND  ! It seems I am missing something here - help please ! As I say, PiCorePlayer working fine
It works on my end using Pi4 + Boss 2.

To troubleshoot try the following.

1. Menu, Configure, Audio
- Turn off ALSA Loopback if it's on
- Turn off all the renderers and first verify that playback works via MPD.

2. Menu, Configure, Audio
- EDIT Squeezelite config and verify the name and other settings
- Turn it on

3. Run the command below to confirm that Squeezelite is running.
Code:
pgrep -l squeezelite

4. Run the command below to print the command used too launch squeezelite
Code:
ps -q `pidof -s squeezelite` -o cmd | grep squeezelite
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(12-13-2021, 11:05 AM)hillbear Wrote: Hi - advice needed. Hardware is Pi 4 - Allo Digione Signature - Allo Shanti  PSU. I have been using PiCorePlayer with no issues but have read various articles saying Moode is superior sound quality. So I am now trying  v7.6. I go through the setup - select Allo Digione Signature as output - then enable Squeezelite. I get the messege 'Squeezelite Renderer Enabled' , but it doesn't show as a renderer in LMS. Also, when I leave the Moode GUI and connect to it again, I get straight into it - should it be blocking the GUI if Squeezelite running OK. Tried UPnP, this appeared as a renderer in LMS straight away - but I get NO SOUND  ! It seems I am missing something here - help please ! As I say, PiCorePlayer working fine

Did you follow Tim's advice? Did it work for you? Don't skip past his first point---if playback isn't working with a basic setup, then there's no point in proceeding. Could you playback the Stereo Test file? any radio stations?

I don't use LMS regularly but I try to test that each new moOde release works with it.

My test today:
  • Logitech Media Server Version: 8.2.0 running on a Linux laptop with local music directory and Qobuz plugin enabled
  • moOde 7.6.0 running on an RPi3B+ with USB-BT adapter driving BT headphones
  • both hosts connected to LAN via WiFi access point
With only the Squeezelite renderer enabled in moOde I can select it by name in the LMS player-chooser and play tracks from the local music directory and from the Qobuz plugin.

With only the UPnP client enabled in moOde I can select it by name in the LMS player-chooser [note: until I saw your post I wasn't aware there is a UPnP/DLNA Bridge plugin available for LMS!] and similarly play local and Qobuz tracks.

Enabling them both, I can see them both show up in the LMS player-chooser menu and am able to choose one or the other...but note the following.

I ran into a curious situation where I had been haphazardly switching various things on and off (the moOde renderers, the Power button in the LMS webUI, and the LMS player-chooser) and at some point moOde seemed to get jammed up (no sound; webUI controls not working as I expect). I didn't figure out how I borked it, but between turning off the renderers and going through a power cycle or two, everything returned to working order.

Also, it seemed to me there was a hysteresis effect in the LMS player-chooser menu where it could take a while to discover that a renderer had started or stopped advertising itself. I didn't spend time trying to characterize this.

Behavior seems to be quite reliable when I use only the Squeezelite renderer and don't use the Power button in the LMS webUI.

Regards,
Kent
Thanks for your input

I tried running the 'Stereo test LR and Phase'  - and got this  message :  [color=var(--adapttext)]  

[/color]MPD error
Failed to open "ALSA Default" (alsa); Failed to open ALSA device "_audioout": No such file or directory

Any ideas , guys ??
As a start to troubleshooting reboot and post the Moode startup log.

Code:
moodeutl -l
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub