Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Instruction Guide LCD/OLED display using pydPiper
Hi guys, thanks a lot for the excellent tutorial. My OLED works in proper right now.

I still have two questions:
1. how can I add truetype font for pydPiper, I tried different ways (usr/share/**, pydPiper/display/fonts/*** …)and always says font not found. So I have to use the customized fnt instead.

2.how to display the filename when there is no title. I try to edit the musicdata_mpd.py
self.musicdata[u'title'] = current_song[u'title'] if u'title' in current_song else current_song[u'file']
and it works but display the whole url not the filename. which parameter should I use?

Thank you again for your wonderful works.
Thank you remy1961 for your instructions. Works fine. Here my "lessons learned":
  • I use a cheap (1,68 €) “0.96 inch 128X64 OLED Display Module I2C with ssd1306 driver” with the connections:
Display                RPi
SDA--------------- PIN 3
SCL/SCK---------- PIN 5
VCC--------------- PIN 1 (3.3 V instead of 5.0 V, sufficient and less risky)
GND--------------- any ground PIN
  • Select “moode” as “Name of distribution?” in “sudo python configure.py” configuration. When selecting “mpd” no “pydpiper.service” file is created. “moode” is not entered into “pydpiper.service” file and obviously does not need to.

• Customizing instructions are in “/home/pi/pydPiper/docs/Pages file description.txt” rather than in “Page Format.txt” (as indicated in "pages_ssd1306.py").

• The time zone “['utc|timezone+US/Eastern|strftime+%-I:%M']” I had to replace by “['utc|timezone+Europe/Berlin|strftime+%-H:%M:%S']” manually in “pages_ssd1306.py” (despite previous “sudo python configure.py” configuration).

• To turn off clock (to save OLED) I set “'stoptime': { 'widgets': [ ('ttime',10,2) ], 'size': (128,64) },” to “'stoptime': { 'widgets': [  ], 'size': (128,64) },”

• “sudo systemctl restart pydpiper” to restart after configuration changes.
@Cyanoazimin

Nice summary.

Regards,
Kent
Hello, i've installed pydPiper with a 20x4 lcd i2c display on Moode, everything works very well except when i'm listening a big playlist, here, display  freezes and refresh several seconds later, but when i'm listening an album, a song or a little playlist it does not do it, i don't know why.
(04-13-2019, 04:17 PM)Titi2507 Wrote: Hello, i've installed pydPiper with a 20x4 lcd i2c display on Moode, everything works very well except when i'm listening a big playlist, here, display  freezes and refresh several seconds later, but when i'm listening an album, a song or a little playlist it does not do it, i don't know why.

Was this particular playlist working fine before installing pydPiper?
Hello, the playlist is working fine, it is just the display who freezes, i used TOP to see resources usage and i can see that python is using 100% of resources with this playlist.
Hi moOde fans,
 :@
Hello, i'm trying to install pydPiper on Moode 5.2 but it doesn't work i don't know why Huh . I was on Moode 5.0 and everything works perfectly. Is everyone has the same problem ?.
I have the same problem
Hi all,
My configuration:
moOde 5.2 2019-05-07
Update = None
HDWR REV = Pi-2B 1GB v1.1
SoC = BCM2835
RASPBIAN = 9.9
KERNEL = 4.19.40-v7+
ROOT size = 15G
ROOT used = 17%
ROOT avail = 12G
FS expand = expanded
MEM free = 316 MB
MEM used = 179 MB

I have a strange behavior, and even after digging, I can't understand what is going on:
After configuring pydPiper, when I try to run the test command (or if I run the service), I get stuck here:
Code:
sudo docker run --network=host --privileged -v /var/log:/var/log:rw -v /home/pi/pydPiper:/app:rw dhrone/pydpiper:v0.31-alpha python /app/pydPiper.py
Unable to find image 'dhrone/pydpiper:v0.31-alpha' locally
v0.31-alpha: Pulling from dhrone/pydpiper
689dda5de45e: Downloading [=>                                                 ]   1.26MB/40.62MB
a3ed95caeb02: Download complete
7e28376ea400: Downloading [==>                                                ]  2.661MB/54.08MB
f98467deb8d3: Download complete
7d26b233d4ce: Download complete
a5642ef2c19b: Downloading [=>                                                 ]  1.617MB/59.57MB
c1543a387200: Waiting
I can wait for hour, I was never been able to download all package entirely. 
Any though to solve my problem?  (Of course I don't have any network problems nor internet connection).