Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Instruction Guide LCD/OLED display using pydPiper
(11-06-2021, 07:55 PM)uli_s Wrote: Hi,
is there someone running pydpiper on moode 7.4.1?
After the installation of pydpiper the test works fine, but after the final installation of the pydpiper.service the docker installation will not start properly.
It dies after a few seconds or the systemctl status pydpiper returns
● pydpiper.service - pydPiper
  Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/pydpiper.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
  Active: active (running) since Sat 2021-11-06 20:46:44 CET; 2s ago
Main PID: 8436 (docker)
   Tasks: 9 (limit: 2059)
  CGroup: /system.slice/pydpiper.service
          └─8436 /usr/bin/docker run --network=host --privileged -v /var/log:/var/log:rw -v /home/volumio/pydPiper:/app:rw dhrone/pydpiper:v0.
                                                                                                                                                    ^^^^^^^

Really? volumio?

Regards,
Kent

PS - don't mix up bullseye and buster repos.
I bought 1602 16x2 HD44780 LCD display i2s control with yellow back lighting. is possible to invert Black background and yellow characters?

Greeting
Hello,

I know this Topic was already brought up in this thread, but I am not sure about the Conclusion:

Are there any plans to enable pydPiper to show Song data when the Spotify render is playing?

Thank you for update!

Norbert
Remy,
I have been using pydPiper now for a couple of years and have an intermittent issue that I am not sure is hardware or software related.  After some time the display blanks.  I have assumed up to now that this is a hardware issue, rebooting the system always brings the display back.
Today for the first time only the second line disappeared - so I stopped pydPiper and restarted it - and the display cam back on both lines.  What could cause one line to disappear?
I have speculated that there may be electrical noise getting onto the data but could this only affect one line of the display?

Running 7.6.1
Pi3B+
pydPiper v0.3-alpha
Winstar WEH001602A

Any thoughts?
@Britracer
Maybe contact. I have the same problem with Oled with spectrum software. Changed the cable and no more problems.
(01-26-2022, 05:48 AM)leobo Wrote: @Britracer
Maybe contact. I have the same problem with Oled with spectrum software. Changed the cable and no more problems.

That was my assumption. I turned on debug logging so if it happens again I will hopefully be able to see if an error is logged.
Can we use wide IPS display 1920 x 480 resolution with Moode similar Volumio project ? I like to use Moode and like the wide screen also and tried to search and seem no one use Moode with wide screen.

https://community.volumio.org/t/diy-stre...-box/44747
After the installation of pydpiper the test works fine, but after the final installation of the pydpiper.service the docker installation will not start properly.
  Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/pydpiper.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
          └─8436 /usr/bin/docker run --network=host --privileged -v /var/log:/var/log:rw -v /home/volumio/pydPiper:/app:rw dhrone/pydpiper:v0.

Nov 06 20:46:44 moode systemd[1]: Started pydPiper.
Nov 06 20:46:46 moode docker[8436]: python: can't open file '/app/pydPiper.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory

I tried a clean installation of moode, then I added "deb https://archive.raspberrypi.org/debian/ bullseye main" to sources.list and did an update and at last, I used "sudo apt-get update --allow-releaseinfo-change" and repeated the install_docker.sh script.

Nothing worked for me.

Any idea?

Regards,
Uli

Rpi3, 16GB SD-Card, Pimoroni Phat-dac, HD44780-i2c

Hi dont think it will work in version higher than 7.1 tried in the latest moode 8 displays error "git" command not found
(04-27-2022, 07:05 AM)Pranjal Wrote:

Nov 06 20:46:46 moode docker[8436]: python: can't open file '/app/pydPiper.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory

I tried a clean installation of moode, then I added "deb https://archive.raspberrypi.org/debian/ bullseye main" to sources.list and did an update and at last, I used "sudo apt-get update --allow-releaseinfo-change" and repeated the install_docker.sh script.

Nothing worked for me.

Any idea?

Regards,
Uli

Hi dont think it will work in version higher than 7.1 tried in the latest moode 8 displays error "git" command not found

I just updated my system to MoOde 8.02.
You need to install git first - not included in the MoOde Bullseye distro

sudo apt install git

then clone the pydPiper repository as usual:

cd /home/pi
git clone https://github.com/dhrone/pydPiper
cd pydPiper

Then for the docker I used the following:

sudo curl -fsSL https://get.docker.com -o get-docker.sh
sudo sh get-docker.sh

Then configure PydPiper

sudo python configure.py

Edit your pages file

Test the install:

sudo /usr/bin/docker run --network=host --privileged -ti -v /var/log:/var/log:rw -v /home/pi/pydPiper:/app:rw dhrone/pydpiper:v0.31-alpha /bin/bash
python pydPiper.py

To finish set it to start automatically

sudo cp pydpiper.service /etc/systemd/system
sudo systemctl enable pydpiper
sudo systemctl start pydpiper

Enjoy!
Good Luck
(05-24-2022, 01:44 AM)Britracer Wrote:
(04-27-2022, 07:05 AM)Pranjal Wrote:

Nothing worked for me.

Any idea?

Regards,
Uli

I just updated my system to MoOde 8.02.
You need to install git first - not included in the MoOde Bullseye distro

sudo apt install git

then clone the pydPiper repository as usual:

cd /home/pi
git clone https://github.com/dhrone/pydPiper
cd pydPiper

Then for the docker I used the following:

sudo curl -fsSL https://get.docker.com -o get-docker.sh
sudo sh get-docker.sh

Then configure PydPiper

sudo python configure.py

Edit your pages file

Test the install:

sudo /usr/bin/docker run --network=host --privileged -ti -v /var/log:/var/log:rw -v /home/pi/pydPiper:/app:rw dhrone/pydpiper:v0.31-alpha /bin/bash
python pydPiper.py

To finish set it to start automatically

sudo cp pydpiper.service /etc/systemd/system
sudo systemctl enable pydpiper
sudo systemctl start pydpiper

Enjoy!
Good Luck

Okay, that explains. Will try this weekend ad revert.