Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Instruction Guide LCD/OLED display using pydPiper
Hi Richard...
Yes it should be fine on a Pi2B and better ! ( but it hammers a poor old single core PiB something wicked...)

Yes, the level converter is another way to do it without modding the lcd hardware...
I only modded mine as... a) I'm a frugal-phile..(=..'scrooge..lol') and b) I'm a jeweller with plenty of tools and visual aids for this sort of thing...

The level converter adds a protection for the Pi..+1
----------
bob
So I have finally found some spare time and managed to get the pydPiper working on my RaspDAC I-Sabre kit :Smile

But now I trying to figure out this little issue (please read on github) I experience.
Any idea anyone?
<marquee behavior="alternate" scrolldelay=150
~~~~>>>Please always follow rules and read before you post<<<~~~~

</marquee>
Little update info for you lot guys

</marquee>
Hi,
"time" and "ttime" are 2 widgets with the same value, ie local time. "ttime" uses a large true type font (dejavusans28). It is the local time that is displayed with large font when nothing plays (idle time). "time" widget is the local time with a smaller font. Looks like "time" is not used in any canvas or sequence in your page file. The idle time font (dejavusans28) is large enough in my opinion. I think it is possible to find a bigger font.
Remy
Hi,

Just tried  PydPiper,  Works fine apart from time display when idle.

Time shown is apparently USA time,  (Seven hours  earlier than it should be for me in the UK)

The only entry I can use that is not rejected to the timezone query in the config file, is "GB".  But Pydpiper sticks to USA timezone.

1. Please could someone tell me what is the literal correct response to the timezone query for UK resident?

The example shows 
Code:
timezone = US/Eastern (change this according to your location)

But I find this format  is rejected when running the program.

When I first ran the configuration program, the timezone defaulted to GB. Leaving this allows to program to work, albeit with a 7 hour error in the timezone.  GB is the UTC  code for the UK.

I see other people have had problems with the time zone, and I gather the newest versions of Pydpiper were supposed to correct timezone problems.

Any help gratefully received,

P

Edit just seen new reply a minute before mine. I had not realized till now that there is a large font time display. All I ever see is a small time display at the top right hand of my 126x64 sed oled display

P
(11-09-2018, 09:42 AM)superpat Wrote: Hi,

Time shown is apparently USA time,  (Seven hours  earlier than it should be for me in the UK)

The only entry I can use that is not rejected to the timezone query in the config file, is "GB".  But Pydpiper sticks to USA timezone.

1. Please could someone tell me what is the literal correct response to the timezone query for UK resident?

The example shows 
Code:

When I first ran the configuration program, the timezone defaulted to GB. Leaving this allows to program to work, albeit with a 7 hour error in the timezone.  GB is the UTC  code for the UK.

I see other people have had problems with the time zone, and I gather the newest versions of Pydpiper were supposed to correct timezone problems.

P

Edit just seen new reply a minute before mine. I had not realized till now that there is a large font time display. All I ever see is a small time display at the top right hand of my 126x64 sed oled display

P

Regarding time zone you put Europe/London

</marquee>
(11-09-2018, 09:57 AM)rikardo1979 Wrote:
(11-09-2018, 09:42 AM)superpat Wrote: Hi,

The example shows 
Code:

P

P

Regarding time zone you put Europe/London

Hi, I have tried Europe/London. When I run the program  it error, saying it does not recognise  Europe/London as a valid UTC format, although it accepts GB !  Although GB gives the wrong timezone.
Hi

just retried the complete procedure from beginning

now get a larger clock idle display, using Europe/London as entry, no errors but clock is exactly 5 hours fast ie 10:23 here clock shows 5:23

P
(11-09-2018, 10:25 AM)superpat Wrote: Hi

now get a larger clock idle display, using Europe/London as entry, no errors but clock is exactly 5 hours fast ie 10:23 here clock shows 5:23

P

Hi. There is no need to start everything from the beginning. Just navigate to the /home/pi/pydPiper directory, and in the pydPiper.cfg file you enter Europe/London. And in your page file (the one you used in the configuration) you replace this in the time related widgets:

'utc|timezone+US/Eastern|strftime+%-I:%M'

By this:

'utc|timezone+Europe/London|strftime+%-I:%M'

Or this: 

'localtime|strftime+%-I:%M'

For a 24 hours format, replace -I by H
Let me know if it works.
Remy
(11-09-2018, 11:25 AM)remy1961 Wrote:
(11-09-2018, 10:25 AM)superpat Wrote: Hi

P

Hi. There is no need to start everything from the beginning. Just navigate to the /home/pi/pydPiper directory, and in the pydPiper.cfg file you enter Europe/London. And in your page file (the one you used in the configuration) you replace this in the time related widgets:

'utc|timezone+US/Eastern|strftime+%-I:%M'

By this:

'utc|timezone+Europe/London|strftime+%-I:%M'

Or this: 

'localtime|strftime+%-I:%M'

For a 24 hours format, replace -I by H
Let me know if it works.
Remy

hi Remy

I used 'utc|timezone+Europe/London|strftime+%-I:%M' , the time is now correct for me

It would be nice to have this info in the tutorial.

many thanks

P