Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Solved: Backup & restore through ansible
Hi!

I use Ansible to customize my moode setup (mainly bash aliases and lirc configuration) and it has worked pretty well so far.
I was wondering if it could be possible to manage backup and restore through it?
As I understand everything is done through php scripts calls, hence it might be doable through curl if I'm not mistaken.
Any ideas as to what might be done to get backup and restore work through ansible uri module ?

Thanks in advance for your answers
(12-18-2021, 08:11 AM)tanki Wrote: Hi!

I use Ansible to customize my moode setup (mainly bash aliases and lirc configuration) and it has worked pretty well so far.
I was wondering if it could be possible to manage backup and restore through it?
As I understand everything is done through php scripts calls, hence it might be doable through curl if I'm not mistaken.
Any ideas as to what might be done to get backup and restore work through ansible uri module ?

"Back up and restore" mean different things to different people.

In so far as moOde configuration settings are concerned, have a look at the nice moodeutl command-line utility, notably its -e and -i options.

Regards,
Kent
Backup/Restore is also available on System Config.

Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(12-18-2021, 12:17 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote:
(12-18-2021, 08:11 AM)tanki Wrote: Hi!

"Back up and restore" mean different things to different people.

In so far as moOde configuration settings are concerned, have a look at the nice moodeutl command-line utility, notably its -e and -i options.

Regards,
Kent

Oooooh that's nice, didn't know I could use moodeutl to backup or restore, I was planning on analysing the backup/restore html form's source code to find a way to do this with Ansible
Geez, everyday I learn something new, it keeps getting better and better

Kudos to the devs!!!