Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Idea: Genres on / Artists off
Hi folks, 

I'm setting up a Moode "box" for my stereo, and have finally found the time to resume my work from last year!

I'm going to use a 5 inch 640x480 touchscreen in portrait (480x640) mode. The visuals are pretty good, but unlike other users, I'd like to turn off the Artists column and see "Genres" and then "Albums by Artist" (preferrably only when the display is below 481 pixels, when only two columns are displayed.

Is there a setting or trick that can do this? I often want to choose my music by genre, and I don't see how to do this when the screen is not displaying "Genres".

If there isn't an easy way to do this, I'm willing to dive into the CSS code if anyone can suggest a way to integrate a new "view" - I think it would work best as a second "Tab" view chosen from the top left menu, which likely goes beyond CSS. Is this something anyone else would be interested in? Trying to decide whether to dig into this myself or respectfully try and convince the dev team to add a feature.
Michael

RPi4 —> HiFiBerry DAC+ —> Rotel RA01 —> Celestion DL8