Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

SMB - Possible to Disable?
Your best bet would be to just make a dedicated OS that just runs Squeezelite. Theres plenty of good info on how to do this in the Squeezelite Forum.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(01-09-2022, 10:07 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Your best bet would be to just make a dedicated OS that just runs Squeezelite. Theres plenty of good info on how to do this in the Squeezelite Forum.

I like MoOde cause it also had nice bluetooth support, Squeezlite, Easy HiFiBerry integration and AirPlay  Smile

It's no big deal.  Now at least no one can fill up my SD card with crap on my RPi's.

Thx alot!
Keep up the good work!
(01-10-2022, 03:31 PM)S_i_O Wrote:
(01-09-2022, 10:07 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Your best bet would be to just make a dedicated OS that just runs Squeezelite. Theres plenty of good info on how to do this in the Squeezelite Forum.

I like MoOde cause it also had nice bluetooth support, Squeezlite, Easy HiFiBerry integration and AirPlay  Smile

It's no big deal.  Now at least no one can fill up my SD card with crap on my RPi's.

Thx alot!
Keep up the good work!

Rather than mucking about more in the system internals, you could try setting up iptables (harder) or UFW (easier) on your moOde player to firewall all the ports you don't want exposed. It's on you to figure out which ports ya just gotta have. I'd think 22 (ssh) and 80 (http) are the minimim but there are others open for a reason on a stock moOde player.

Horses for courses, as my Brit friends would say.

Regards,
Kent
Maybe try to stop/disable nmbd as well as smbd
(01-10-2022, 04:19 PM)TookaFace Wrote: Maybe try to stop/disable nmbd as well as smbd

aka "mucking about more" Tongue
(01-10-2022, 04:48 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote:
(01-10-2022, 04:19 PM)TookaFace Wrote: Maybe try to stop/disable nmbd as well as smbd

aka "mucking about more" Tongue

Thx!
If I find a simple way, ill post back here.

Standby!
Thx
To continue this thread, as i have been playing with the same. :-)

Background: I want to disable Samba because I am not using it, and it is indeed best practice to close/stop services not in use.
But in this case there is another reason: smb/nmb services take about 2 seconds of boot time. This means, I can boot up my moodeaudio 2 seconds faster (which is significant on a total boot time of 16 secs).

I tried: systemctl disable smb/nmb + systemctl stop smb/nmb
However once Samba is stopped, seemingly NFS is also not found anymore!
(My music files are stored on a NAS, and are available over NFS).
So when I stopped the Samba services, all the music files were not there anymore. After starting Samba, all was running fine again.

My request: is there a way to stop Samba services without loosing NFS in Moode?

thanks.