Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Possible multiroom quality improvement ?
Hello,

in a multiroom configuration, would it be possible to choose to stream files that are natively in FLAC format without having to go through reencoding in OPUS by default ?

Thanks,
Romain
Yes it is possible but it requires a dev that has expertise to make the non-trivial modifications to the trx software that we use for multiroom streaming.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Tim, may I ask you the name of the software in question please ?
(01-11-2022, 02:59 PM)romain Wrote: Tim, may I ask you the name of the software in question please ?

Have a look at 

trx: Realtime audio over IP

I have to say I'm a bit dubious about making this work with FLAC but ask the maintainer.

Regards,
Kent
(01-11-2022, 03:24 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote:
(01-11-2022, 02:59 PM)romain Wrote: Tim, may I ask you the name of the software in question please ?

Have a look at 

trx: Realtime audio over IP

I have to say I'm a bit dubious about making this work with FLAC but ask the maintainer.

Regards,
Kent

Thanks Kent, I'll check the link.

In a robust network environment I tend to think that should do it and that streaming without reencoding in OPUS would theorically generate less overhead on the sender and maybe less latency too or a better sync between sender and receivers...it's pure supposition of course
You will need to look at the trx version in our repo which has been modified to allow integration into moOde and to provide additional tuning and configuration features. https://github.com/moode-player/moode/tr.../other/trx
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Unfortunately I don't have any skill in C language but I found another multiroom setup which preserves the original stream quality and saves the power consumption of an extra moOde player configured as a multiroom sender.

It works perfect and involves:
- Plex Media Server installed on one my moOde players for local streaming or Amazon Music HD subscription as online streaming source;
- Plex or Amazon Music HD apps installed on my Android smartphone (Xiaomi POCO F3) as streamers;
- AirMusic app (not free) installed on my smartphone for Airplay renderers discovery;
- moOde players with Airplay renderer audio feature enabled (Pi 4B/Allo Boss2 and Pi Zero 2W/Allo MiniBoss).