Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Thread Closed 
Solved: Fresh install Pi-4 rev 1.5 not joining network
So let's do simple... use Balena Etcher to burn a newly downloaded MoOde image and make sure it is verified by Etcher.

Put the newly written sd card into your Pi...attach an ethernet cable to the Pi and turn the Pi on....wait and watch the green LED activity to verify that booting occurs.

From a browser on another device use any of these to connect to MoOde... http://moode or moode.local or IP address  (Fing the android app can help here)

If you are using a Linux o/s try to find the IP from a terminal with..

Code:
sudo arp-scan  --localnet
----------
bob
FYI - Fing is also available for iOS and iPadOS.
(01-18-2022, 01:01 AM)DRONE7 Wrote: So let's do simple... use Balena Etcher to burn a newly downloaded MoOde image and make sure it is verified by Etcher.

Put the newly written sd card into your Pi...attach an ethernet cable to the Pi and turn the Pi on....wait and watch the green LED activity to verify that booting occurs.

From a browser on another device use any of these to connect to MoOde... http://moode or moode.local or IP address  (Fing the android app can help here)

If you are using a Linux o/s try to find the IP from a terminal with..

Code:
sudo arp-scan  --localnet

I like simple.

I have tried again just to make sure, doing all your steps (which I had been doing anyway!) but no joy.  I have been using Fing - it does not show the Pi 4. I also just tried another boot without the USB DAC attached, just in case it made a difference, alas no. 

As a sanity check I popped the piCorePlayer SD in, that's all fine and shows in Fing.
(01-17-2022, 11:41 PM)hoverdonkey Wrote:
(01-17-2022, 07:51 PM)zOr7gA8 Wrote:
(01-17-2022, 07:42 PM)hoverdonkey Wrote:
(01-16-2022, 11:25 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Boot time for 761 is typically around 25-30 secs.

Try ping IP_ADDRESS_OF_MOODE from an SSH term on your client

if that works then try
http://IP_ADDRESS_OF_MOODE in Browser

Make sure Browser plugins that might be blocking things are turned off

Ping doesn't work, browser neither (I tried more than one client device). Very strange.

I am clean out of ideas.

Sounds like broken system. Would try a new fresh install.

I have reflashed Moode four times now.  I updated router firmware and factory reset it on Monday. The hardware works fine with piCorePlayer.  Weird.

I am really clutching at straws now! I will try another SD card, just in case that's it.  What is size does Moode like?

16GB will be plenty.
(01-18-2022, 10:49 AM)jonners Wrote:
(01-17-2022, 11:41 PM)hoverdonkey Wrote:
(01-17-2022, 07:51 PM)zOr7gA8 Wrote:
(01-17-2022, 07:42 PM)hoverdonkey Wrote:
(01-16-2022, 11:25 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Boot time for 761 is typically around 25-30 secs.

Try ping IP_ADDRESS_OF_MOODE from an SSH term on your client

if that works then try
http://IP_ADDRESS_OF_MOODE in Browser

Make sure Browser plugins that might be blocking things are turned off

Ping doesn't work, browser neither (I tried more than one client device). Very strange.

I am clean out of ideas.

Sounds like broken system. Would try a new fresh install.

I have reflashed Moode four times now.  I updated router firmware and factory reset it on Monday. The hardware works fine with piCorePlayer.  Weird.

I am really clutching at straws now! I will try another SD card, just in case that's it.  What is size does Moode like?

16GB will be plenty.

Thanks.

I just tried a fresh install on another (16GB) SD.   Same issue.  Aaargh!
I just tried another Pi (3B), everything alse the same, including ethernet cable and router socket. Moode works.
In light of the above, I just bit the bullet and did another full reset & reconfig of the router, just in case I had caused a conflict in setting up host names & manual IPs before.  Nope - still no Moode on my Pi 4  Sad    piCorePlayer still fine on it.

I also updated the Pi 4 eeprom firmware just in case there was a glitch there.  Nope.

Alas, I am at the end of this trail, unless somebody can sprinkle some crumbs and show me the way.
Do you have a friend with a different router/ISP you can try your Pi4 on? Just to try to rule out some highly specific (and frankly, very unlikely) mismatch between moOde and your router?
----------------
Robert
(01-18-2022, 04:02 PM)the_bertrum Wrote: Do you have a friend with a different router/ISP you can try your Pi4 on?  Just to try to rule out some highly specific (and frankly, very unlikely) mismatch between moOde and your router?

I might have one or ten old routers in the loft.  I'll dig one out.  Thanks.
(01-18-2022, 04:02 PM)the_bertrum Wrote: Do you have a friend with a different router/ISP you can try your Pi4 on?  Just to try to rule out some highly specific (and frankly, very unlikely) mismatch between moOde and your router?

Right, just tried another router.  Moode on my Pi 4 doesn't work with it,  pCP does.  

The main router is an Asus GT-AC2900 running Merlin firmware.   The backup just tried is also Asus, but an RT-AC66U B1 running stock.