Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Thread Closed 
Solved: Fresh install Pi-4 rev 1.5 not joining network
Install the official Raspberry Pi imager on your PC
https://www.raspberrypi.com/software/

- Install Raspberry Pi OS Lite (32-bit) on an SD Card
- With SD Card still inserted in your PC use your file explorer to access the /boot directory on the SD Card
- Create the empty file /boot/ssh
- Boot the Pi-4 with Ethernet cable connected

From terminal on your PC

ssh pi@raspberrypi
password = raspberry
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
I have just booted both PiCore and MoOde on separate Pi and both are found on the network without problem.

@rawdlite  suggestion of connecting a screen and monitoring the boot for error messages seems the best way forward here.
As you are awaiting the HDMI connector when that arrives hopefully all will be revealed ?

Just saw Tim's reply....if the ssh method fails then the attached monitor is the fallback. :-)
----------
bob
(01-18-2022, 11:34 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Install the official Raspberry Pi imager on your PC

- With SD Card still inserted in your PC use your file explorer to access the /boot directory on the SD Card

From terminal on your PC

ssh pi@raspberrypi
password = raspberry

This is how I have been doing the eeprom updates. I used the main version of the OS at top of list, not sure of it was the lite.

I don't know where to go from there with respect to Moode, though.
I think everything except that particular Pi4 has been eliminated hasn't it?
(01-19-2022, 07:45 AM)hoverdonkey Wrote:
(01-18-2022, 11:34 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Install the official Raspberry Pi imager on your PC

From terminal on your PC

ssh pi@raspberrypi
password = raspberry

This is how I have been doing the eeprom updates. I used the main version of the OS at top of list, not sure of it was the lite.

I don't know  where to go from there with respect to Moode, though.

If latest plain "Bullseye" release of Raspberry Pi OS Lite (32-bit) doesn't get a DHCP IP address in your environment there would be no moOde software involved and thus you should  post your issue in the Raspberry Pi support Forum and see someone can offer to help troubleshoot https://forums.raspberrypi.com/viewforum...3ff1a2a62b
Enjoy the Music!
(01-18-2022, 11:15 PM)hoverdonkey Wrote: One more post before nigthy-nights:

I found this:  https://www.jeffgeerling.com/blog/2021/r...0-stepping

My Pi 4 (2GB) has the newer ...C0T Broadcom chip.  Dunno if that might make a difference here, but thought it worth a mention.

FYI, so does my 4GB Compute Module 4 (on a Raspberry Pi CM4 IO board). Because of the model I chose, I first have to go through a procedure to flash moOde to the onboard eMMC, after which I can boot moOde. Network communication works in all wireless and wired modes.

The mystery continues....

Regards,
Kent
A mystery only after OP tries plain "Bullseye" release of Raspberry Pi OS Lite (32-bit) as-is with no moOde software and it still doesn't get a DHCP address. In this case the Raspberry Pi Forums are where OP should post the issue.

If OTOH plain Bullseye works it would suggest some sort of compatibility issue between the particular Pi-4 revision and RaspiOS Buster/firmware or 5.4.77 kernel used in moOde 761. In this case the issue would be addressed in upcoming moOde 8 series which is based on Bullseye.
Enjoy the Music!
I'm back (pesky job!)

I just tried Raspberry OS Lite Bulleye. It gets an IP, appears on router as expected, SSH works. Bring on Moode 8!
(01-19-2022, 04:06 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: A mystery only after OP tries plain "Bullseye" release of Raspberry Pi OS Lite (32-bit) as-is with no moOde software and it still doesn't get a DHCP address. In this case the Raspberry Pi Forums are where OP should post the issue.

If OTOH plain Bullseye works it would suggest some sort of compatibility issue between the particular Pi-4 revision and RaspiOS Buster/firmware or 5.4.77 kernel used in moOde 761. In this case the issue would be addressed in upcoming moOde 8 series which is based on Bullseye.

Further to previous post, I just flashed Pi OS Lite Buster from the R Pi Imager menu, just for fun.  It does not get an IP, SSH does not work.  I think you sussed it!
Ok thanks for all the testing :-) Not obvious what was going on.

Btw is your Pi-4 a revision 1.5 board? Try the command below to print the revision info.

Code:
sudo /var/www/command/pirev.py
Enjoy the Music!