Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Coverview only for specific folders
Hi all, I don't know if there is an option that does it or It's just me dumb not to find that.

I use to navigate my library through folders.
When I go to Library -> Folder It shows me the list with all the album. That's ok.

I would like to have them displayed as in Library -> Cover but, when I check this option I've got two problems:

- Poor quality of the cover art

- Weird arrangement, with cover doubled even from the same folder e.g. "Various Artist - Beautiful album", it shows me every single track from the album just because are played by different artists.

Is there a way to show only the folder?

Thank you in advance
In release 7.6.1. the quality of the cover art thumbnail images depends on two factors (1) the quality of the original image and (2) the setting in Preferences, Library, Thumbnail resolution.

I don't have a clear picture of what you mean by the other parts of your post.

1. "I would like to have them displayed as in Library -> Cover"
2. "...cover doubled even from the same folder..."

Folder view simply shows the folders/files listed in the MPD database.

Below is an example from one of my test collections for a Folder (as indexed by MPD) of Compilation albums.

Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Quote: Weird arrangement, with cover doubled even from the same folder e.g. "Various Artist - Beautiful album", it shows me every single track from the album just because are played by different artists.

You don't have the tag view option set....?
 M>Preferences>Library(Advanced)>Tag View Artist

select the green info icon and read the options then select the one you need..
Quote:Select how to populate the Artist list in Tag view.
Artist: List all Artists, Performers and Conductors. Compilation albums listed for a selected artist will show only the tracks belonging to the artist. Clicking the Album will toggle between showing all the album's tracks and just those for the selected artist.
Album Artist: List all Album Artists. Compilation albums are listed under the Album Artist named "Various Artists" or any other string that was used to identify compilation albums.
Album Artist +: Same as Album Artists except compilation albums listed for a selected Album Artist will show only the tracks belonging to the Album Artist. Clicking the Album will toggle between showing all the album's tracks and just those for the selected Album Artist.
Failing that then you have a tagging problem with your files where the various artists tag is not set correctly.
----------
bob
(01-17-2022, 11:39 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: In release 7.6.1. the quality of the cover art thumbnail images depends on two factors (1) the quality of the original image and (2) the setting in Preferences, Library, Thumbnail resolution.

I don't have a clear picture of what you mean by the other parts of your post.

1. "I would like to have them displayed as in Library -> Cover"
2. "...cover doubled even from the same folder..."

Folder view simply shows the folders/files listed in the MPD database.

Below is an example from one of my test collections for a Folder (as indexed by MPD) of Compilation albums.

Hi, Thanks for your help.

I try to explain better with a couple of pictures:

What is the value of the Album Artist tag for the albums that were circled in your pictures?
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Honestly I don't remember. I will check it out asap.
Thank you Tim