Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: Library loads very slowly on iPad using Safari
Hey,
I tried many different "browsers" on the ipad (Chrome, Opera, Edge) -- they all exhibited the same behavior. That's why I'm so interested in that MIHtool working properly. It must be using WebKit in some substantially different way than all the others.
My library is of similar size to @swinokur. I’ve noticed a similar effect when scrolling artists (as example) with Safari (iOS 15.2.1), but it’s not consistent and only takes about half a second to load the next tranche of names

Got Chrome also, and seems to be no issue when scrolling.
hey @suzywong thanks for the data point. The "half a second" load time is about what I see on my iPad when using the MIHtool's browser. (Again: on Safari or any other browser on iPad it is 3-4 seconds of wait time.)

On your rpi, are you using ethernet or wifi for your networking? DHCP or Static IP address?

thanks!
Systems:
1. Allo USBSig/DigiOneSig, Moode 7.6.1. Wired Ethernet
2. Rpi3B+, Moode 7.6.1. Wired Ethernet
3. Rpi3B, Moode 7.6.1. wireless.
4. RPi ZeroW, Moode 7.6.1. Wired Ethernet

All are static IP on our home LAN (Netgear 3700 router.) Music stored on Synology NAS(s)

Access via iPad (iOS now 15.3).
Safari exhibits behaviour as described - when scrolling, normally about half a second to load the next tranche of names, occasionally up to two seconds
Chrome only tested on the Allo System (1.). Does not exhibit the issue.

Access via Windoze 10 PC
Chrome does not exhibit the issue. Not tested MS Edge.
Interesting - sounds like we're seeing the same thing -- maybe mine is for some reason a bit more pronounced than yours.
What type of network connection are you using?
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Smile 
(01-31-2022, 10:40 PM)swinokur Wrote: Interesting - sounds like we're seeing the same thing -- maybe mine is for some reason a bit more pronounced than yours.

Yes, but only on Safari on the iPad. The PC does smooth scrolling. 

Haven't tested Her Ladyship's Android tablets....she doesn't like streaming anyway  Big Grin