Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Solved: update -> unresponsive config UI
Hi Tim & Crew.

I usually do an apt-get update / upgrade a few times a month.

This time it broke moode  Angry

Every config page works perfectly fine, until i start playing music with moode, after MPD starts its impossible to access the config php pages. To access a config page again I need to reboot. Playback UI still works. So I only broke part of the moode player. 

I run v4.2 on a rpi3b with DigiOne. 

I have 2 identical rpi3b, the other I haven't updated - it work perfectly fine. So I can rather easily do a restore, but I'm just wondering what went wrong?!

cat /var/log/apt/history.log

Start-Date: 2018-09-10  08:47:31

Commandline: apt-get upgrade

Requested-By: pi (1000)

Upgrade: libcurl3:armhf (7.52.1-5+deb9u6, 7.52.1-5+deb9u7), liblcms2-2:armhf (2.8-4, 2.8-4+deb9u1), dhcpcd5:armhf (1:6.11.5-1+rpt5, 1:6.11.5-1+rpt6), libcurl4-gnutls-dev:armhf (7.52.1-5+deb9u6, 7.52.1-5+deb9u7), curl:armhf (7.5
2.1-5+deb9u6, 7.52.1-5+deb9u7), libcurl3-gnutls:armhf (7.52.1-5+deb9u6, 7.52.1-5+deb9u7)
End-Date: 2018-09-10  08:49:19

Regards
The old saying "if it ain't broke then don't fix it" applies to this situation.

Those commands make a lot of OS changes and thus troubleshooting is almost impossible. My advise would be to just not run the cmds in the future. I never run them after I've made a build.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(09-10-2018, 02:25 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: The old saying "if it ain't broke then don't fix it" applies to this situation.

Those commands make a lot of OS changes and thus troubleshooting is almost impossible. My advise would be to just not run the cmds in the future. I never run them after I've made a build.

Thnx - I know the saying, and yes it ran thru my head after I realised it didnt work anymore. Never had any problems with these commands until now Smile
Security updates should always be applied, IMHO.

The updates havn't broken my Pi Zero, so I'm guessing you've got a bad SD card at the root of the issue.

Phil

(09-12-2018, 01:21 PM)philrandal Wrote: Security updates should always be applied, IMHO.

The updates havn't broken my Pi Zero, so I'm guessing you've got a bad SD card at the root of the issue.

Phil

I'm quite sure the SD card weren't the cause. Reflashed the SD card with my last v42 backup. Was a bit reluctant with hitting the update "button", but did it anyway, because I want to be sure that all security updates are in place. Works like a charm again. It might have been a small data glitch which corrupted the update - I have no idea thou.

Code:
pi@radio:~ $ sudo apt-get -y upgrade                                                                                                                                    
Reading package lists... Done                                                                                                                                       
Building dependency tree                                                                                                                                                
Reading state information... Done                                                                                                                                      
Calculating upgrade... Done                                                                                                                                            
The following packages will be upgraded:                                                                                                                                
 curl dhcpcd5 fake-hwclock libcurl3 libcurl3-gnutls libcurl4-gnutls-dev liblcms2-2 libraspberrypi-bin libraspberrypi-dev libraspberrypi-doc libraspberrypi0            
 raspberrypi-bootloader raspberrypi-kernel                                                                                                                            
13 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.