Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Hello from Colorado
Hi! 

I've been using Linux as my primary OS for 15 years at least.  I work on Linux servers as well.

I had been looking for a headless solution to play my music on my music-only hifi setup.  I read about MPD and had set that up and it works fine, but I wanted to be able to use it as a bluetooth receiver, play internet radio, etc.

I initially looked into volumio, but the paywall was a turn off and other people recommended I look into moode, so here I am.

The setup was very easy.  I love that it goes into AP mode for initial configuration.  I never even had to plug anything in!

I was able to set up NFS to access my music with no issues, and I was listening in no time.

The only tricky bit was finding the correct audio output, which defaulted to HDMI even though it wasn't even plugged in.

There are some improvements I'd like to see in the web, such as using AJAX requests whenever a setting is changed, instead of reloading the whole page and putting you back at the top.

This is a really cool project.

Thanks for letting me in.
Welcome.

It sounds like you might have skills. If you could do the AJAX I'm sure the devs would gladly consider it.
----------------
Robert
(02-10-2022, 08:37 AM)the_bertrum Wrote: Welcome.

It sounds like you might have skills.  If you could do the AJAX I'm sure the devs would gladly consider it.

That would be awesome.  I'd have to familiarize myself with the structure of the web service.  When I make sites by hand I try to make everything a JSON based REST interface that any client can hit.

That would be a huge undertaking, but would also enable custom clients.
Sounds like fun !

MoOde pull requests here...
https://github.com/moode-player/moode

Sources and packaging here...
https://github.com/moode-player

Will be interesting to see what you work up Smile 

Welcome along..

Bob.
----------
bob