Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Bit perfect?
Hi everyone,
 I am using moode audio (latest software version) on a Raspberry Pi 0 2 with an IFI Zen Dac V2 USB dac.
 This dac has a led under the volume pot which indicates the type of file it is decoding.
 I noticed that for a FLAC 16/44 or an MP3 320 the light is the same color.
 From the screenshot I am attaching I see (or at least I think) that moode does not have a bit perfect setting towards the dac (which should he do this job).
 Can anyone help me figure out how to send files to the dac without decoding.
 I'm a newbie sorry if I ask stupid questions.
Both files are decoded to PCM before being sent to your DAC.

Typically "Format" LED on an audio device would only indicate whether the stream is PCM or DSD.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(02-11-2022, 08:19 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Both files are decoded to PCM before being sent to your DAC.

Typically "Format" LED on an audio device would only indicate whether the stream is PCM or DSD.

Thanks Tim I understand what you mean, thank you. but from what I see on the dac manual, which I am attaching, I would expect the yellow or white led, but in my case the led is green or blue ... do you have any idea why?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

No idea. moOde can only output PCM or DSD.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(02-11-2022, 08:02 PM)br1dipaolo Wrote: Hi everyone,
 I am using moode audio (latest software version) on a Raspberry Pi 0 2 with an IFI Zen Dac V2 USB dac.
 This dac has a led under the volume pot which indicates the type of file it is decoding.
 I noticed that for a FLAC 16/44 or an MP3 320 the light is the same color.
 From the screenshot I am attaching I see (or at least I think) that moode does not have a bit perfect setting towards the dac (which should he do this job).
 Can anyone help me figure out how to send files to the dac without decoding.
 I'm a newbie sorry if I ask stupid questions.

There is nothing wrong there, MP3 plays back as 44.1kHz, as does AAC.