Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

REW and Moode/Camilla on Pi
Has anyone tried installing REW in their Moode Pi to generate room comp filters?  

https://www.avnirvana.com/threads/rew-on...pi-4.9650/ should be a link to installing REW on a Pi.  

From my feeble efforts, I’m not sure its possible.  I’m able to wget the latest REW Linux version and attempt to install it via ssh.  But the embedded java will not install.  And trying to use apt to install the java runtime similarly fails.  Apt update is locked down (appropriately) so I suspect the issue is the Moode restrictions on repository updates to keep hamfisted people like me from breaking Moode unnecessarily.

But If I’m doing something obviously wrong, please let me know.

What I thought might be useful to accomplish here was running REW directly on the hardware I’d be trying to generate the comp filters for use in Camilla rather than running REW on a notebook that is somehow porting the config playback through the pi.  Might also allow folks w/o a separate REW platform to build the necessary comp files directly.  Just a thought.

Thanks, mike