Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Reliability of Raspberry Pi
Ive been using moode for years, and really like the sound quality using I2S. But ive gone through 3 raspberries in that time, they fail to connect  to USB and a replacement is the only way I can get working again.
This time i bought a Pi4 and no luck at all even getting a connection to the display. If I take the microcard out and put in an old Pi2 i can get a connection to display, but wont load usb.
Very frustrating,  no idea what im doing wrong, sure do miss moode.
Any comments, ideas?
Sorry to hear that you have a bad experience with the Raspberry Pi's.

I'm using Raspberry Pi for years for all kind of projects from home control, 3d printen to audio applications.
And personally I don't regnozie this instability at all. Ok with the first generation I had some EMC and the onboard power regulator issue.

What I do know is that the Pi are sensitive for bad/wrong power supplies. You could try to switching to a different power supply.
And don't connect any auxilary stuff (like USB) until you know for sure that is stable by it self.
Also scan the logs for under-voltage messages.
@supra

I’ll second @bitlab’s response. The dozen or so RPis I’ve used in various projects have been very reliable once we got past the original model. Official RPF power supplies have always worked well as have those from trusted vendors like Canakit.

Regards,
Kent
@supra

If it's a v1.5 take a look at the 'Compatibility RPi4.....' thread.