Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Thread Closed 
Upcoming moOde 8.0.0 release
(03-01-2022, 05:04 PM)Wheel_nut Wrote: Hi Tim, Would it be very difficult to be able to save multiple WiFi SSIDs and Passphrases so that MoOde could be portable between locations?

Currently, if I want to take my MoOde player to another home, I have to re-configure the WiFi to that location and then have to re-configure it back to my own home when I return.

It would be nice if MoOde behaved like my Android Phone and remembered and automatically connected to a remembered SSID.

Robin

You could hotspot your pi using your phone - give the hotspot the same ssid/pass you have at home.
(03-02-2022, 10:46 AM)liv_s Wrote: Is any test done for CM4 with nvme ssd as storage on pcie?
Or for boot perhaps?

Thanks.

Not sure what is meant by "any test done for".

I have a CM4 with on-board eMMC storage rather than external uSD storage. We've modified moOde's /boot/config.txt to include a CM4 stanza and moOde boots and runs fine from the eMMC once it's been loaded into the eMMC from a USB thumbdrive. If folks report the CM4 boots Raspberry Pi OS from PCIe storage then I have no reason to believe it wouldn't also boot moOde from it. Think carefully about how the moOde image partitions its system disk, however. That might not be the arrangement you want on a large-capacity nvme SSD.

I have not tested my CM4 with PCIe storage in addition to moOde in eMMC and it's unlikely I will acquire the hardware to do so. It seems to me the PCIe storage would appear as an additional drive in the device tree just as it does now with multiple USB drives attached. (But I've been known to be wrong before Rolleyes)

Regards,
Kent
(03-04-2022, 10:19 PM)Sehnsucht Wrote:
(03-01-2022, 05:04 PM)Wheel_nut Wrote: Hi Tim, Would it be very difficult to be able to save multiple WiFi SSIDs and Passphrases so that MoOde could be portable between locations?

Currently, if I want to take my MoOde player to another home, I have to re-configure the WiFi to that location and then have to re-configure it back to my own home when I return.

It would be nice if MoOde behaved like my Android Phone and remembered and automatically connected to a remembered SSID.

Robin

You could hotspot your pi using your phone - give the hotspot the same ssid/pass you have at home.
That doesn't really solve it for me. There is no benefit in changing the SSID/ Passphrase to match my home WiFi because I would still have to access the mo0de hotspot as URL http://172.24.1.1

Robin

That doesn't really solve it for me. There is no benefit in changing the SSID/ Passphrase to match my home WiFi because I would still have to access the mo0de hotspot as http://172.24.1.1
(03-05-2022, 06:02 PM)Wheel_nut Wrote:

Robin

That doesn't really solve it for me. There is no benefit in changing the SSID/ Passphrase to match my home WiFi because I would still have to access the mo0de hotspot as http://172.24.1.1

I mean if your home SSID/password was HOMEWIFI/mypassword then that's how you'd configure your moOde box.  Then, when you take it somewhere else your phone hotspot would create a SSID/password of HOMEWIFI/mypassword and your moOde box would continue to connect to it as always - it wouldn't know or care it was anywhere else.