Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

How to configure Moode with the DENON DNP-800NE?
(03-06-2022, 06:09 AM)Taki8888 Wrote: Where to change Lame to Flac? What does that do?

M>Configure>Audio>MPD Options> HTTP streaming 
Then set ON the Streaming server

Leave the port at 8000 and set
and change the Encoder from Lame(MP3) to FLAC using the drop-down arrow and set

you may need to restart MoOde

Then go to the HEOS app for your Denon and search for sources to see if MoOde appears. (you may need to restart the Denon)

(Lame MP3 is obviously MP3 quality...FLAC is higher quality and uses more resources to transmit and process.
----------
bob
I have mix of mp3 and flac, would flac encoder work for mp3’s?

Thanks!
(03-06-2022, 06:27 PM)Taki8888 Wrote: I have mix of mp3 and flac, would flac encoder work for mp3’s?

Thanks!

The encoder transfers at the nominated rate.

If Flac is selected then all input files (MP3, Flac, wav ) will be sent as flac.... which the Denon Heos should recognise.
If Lame MP3 is selected then all input files (MP3, Flac, wav ) will be sent as MP3

flac send is higher quality and higher resource use...MP3 is lower quality and lower resource use.

Perhaps it is time for you to try these yourself and see if you notice any difference ?
----------
bob
Thanks for clarifying. Learning something new each day.

The Denon arrives end of the week. I will try it.
The Denon DAC manual says:
Playing back files stored on PC or NAS
This unit can play back music files and playlists (m3u, wpl) from DLNA compatible servers including PCs and NAS devices on your network.

I have the Denon and RPI4 connected via ethernet cable to a switch. In the Moode Audio Configuration, just turn on DLNA and restart?
Then the Denon should be able to find it via network? Is there anything else I would need to set on Moode?

I'm using USB Flash drive for the FLAC/MP3's.
Give it a try. No need to restart. Just make sure to VIEW database status to ensure that the DLNA server has been able to successfully index your music files.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Hi Tim,

It works, am I only able use the Denon to navigate and play the songs?

This kind of set up, is it still possible to use the Moode to navigate and play?

Sorry, I’m not too familiar in this area.

I did some further digging, the Heos app has some basic navigation that works.

Trying different ways to see what works best.
hi taki8888,
currently you will be having 2 player systems
1. DENON+ nas
2. rpi RUNING MOODE+YOUR HIFI dac.

as you discript, you will have to need TO MAKE EITHER YOUR moode to be a DLNA server---(option not just the DLNA, but DLNA Server) to supply you the music source then your denon can read over the ethernet--and you can control playing but your denon app.

or, you can use your Moode+hifi dac digi optical output to your denon (input) and using moode web (using brower typing moode.local)to control the moode to player music and amplied by your Denon and play music.

which one is your prefer system will be needed to be compared.
and you will choose which dac is better. (denon's internal dac or your going to have HIFI DAC)