Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Idea: Choose the cover image
The problem isn’t really showing multiple images, the problem is showing the right images when you want them given the lack of a standard in naming like front.jpg, back.jpg, booklet1-x.jpg, etc.

Assuming whatever naming scheme is used still allows the cover to be recognized as such by the coverart.php function without creating a lot of additional support hassles for Tim, we’d have to decide how to show the remaining images from the folder. A tap/click on the cover to cycle through them would be convenient but the images might not always be square (as in the example given) and/or fit in that area conveniently. How do people who want this think it should work?
I'd be interested in front/back cover if there were a standard but no interest in a general "image viewer" feature.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(09-14-2018, 01:20 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: I'd be interested in front/back cover if there were a standard but no interest in a general "image viewer" feature.

Just a thought: could we offload the image viewing to the client browser or device? For example, clicking on the cover brings a pop-up to open all images within the file location folder in a new browser tab either as a clickable list or thumbnails.
It seems to me the OP asked about the cover images embedded in his files. Looking at them is a different issue from browsing the images in a directory.

AFAIK, the only "standard" in play here is ID3 V2.3.0 which calls these things "attached pictures". It defines 21 picture types, including "$03 - Cover (front)" and "$04 - Cover (back)" but also "$11 - a bright coloured fish"! Just to complicate matters, it allows for embedding either the image or a URL to the image although I haven't come across an instance of the latter.

Don't know how closely popular taggers conform to the spec. In any case, ID3 V2.3 isn't the only metadata scheme in town.

The sources to the Zend media routines for mp3, flac, etc., which are called by coverart.php, would have to be examined to see how they handle multiple instances of embedded images.

Regards,
Kent
Hi moOde fans,
 :@