Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

How much work does a browser do when controlling moOde?
I've been controlling the moOde players via my phone: Google Pixel 4a in the Chrome browser.

It works, but it's often s..l..o..w.. in the way that using a browser on this PC isn't.

Some of that will be wi-fi vs an ethernet connection, but I sometimes end up refreshing the page on the phone to get it working again.
(03-08-2022, 08:43 PM)MooicIan Wrote: I've been controlling the moOde players via my phone: Google Pixel 4a in the Chrome browser.

It works, but it's often s..l..o..w.. in the way that using a browser on this PC isn't.

Some of that will be wi-fi vs an ethernet connection, but I sometimes end up refreshing the page on the phone to get it working again.

I use the free Android app MALP to control moOde (well, the MPD part) on my Pixel 4a. Everything is instant even with huge collections.
How large is your library, it might be swallowing up the phone browser resources.
(03-08-2022, 10:15 PM)grumbleweed Wrote: How large is your library, it might be swallowing up the phone browser resources.

Erm, about forty thousand files - but that shouldn't matter when playing one of them, should it?
(03-08-2022, 08:51 PM)Sehnsucht Wrote: I use the free Android app MALP to control moOde (well, the MPD part) on my Pixel 4a. Everything is instant even with huge collections.

Ah thanks - I was at the point of wondering if there was an app that would do the work.