Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Hello from France
Hey, I'm just a linux enthusiast and also music lover, so I decided to setup a local music streamer. Love the distrib, thanks for the amazing work. I'll try to see whether it is possible to use another music player instead of MPD.
Hello there.

What is the reason why you want to use something other than MPD?
----------------
Robert
Hey, it's mainly due to the lack of multi-genre support from MPD. I try to tag meticulously my tracks with genres, and I need often give them more than one. I would then like to browse my library by filtering through genre depending on the mood, and that multi-genred tracks would appear in both filters. Navidrome supports that now, and independently of the type of tags (mp3 or flac); it also works as a server. I also tried some mpd clients but was not convinced at all.

However I choose moode audio because it seems already well set-up and very convenient, as well as a good sound quality pipeline
MPD supports multiple tags and so does moOde's Library including multiple Genre tags but possibly not in the way you want to use them.

Is it that your Genre tags are not listed in Tag view?
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
I prefer to listen to music by albums. So when I browse my library, I want to be able to view only albums that fit a certain genre or multiple genres that I want to listen to at this moment.

When I tag my music, I put separate genres with the delimiter `;`, but it seems that mpd, or rather ncmpcpp and what's under the hood for your interface does not treat them as separate fields, so I have genres like ` Electro; Techno; IDM ` appearing rather than just `Electro`, `Techno` and `IDM`. Then the

True that I can always go to the Advanced search, but it feels less smooth than navidrome for me. I can just scroll to my genres and see what albums come out.

However I like what you did with the radio and all the sound settings, so I wanted to try it out too.

I was wondering where I could find more documentation about you build the moode ecosystem? I mainly looked at forum posts, and learned about stuff like `moodeutl` on them, but is there something more concise?
Odd. I'd have to analyze a couple of your tracks that are tagged with multiple Genres to see whats happening. Feel free to zip some up and PM me and @TheOldPresbyope a download link.

For dev information visit the Developer section at moodeaudio.org and browse the links.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
@ttghtg

I'm always happy to look at music files to see what metadata issues there might be.

Ahead of that, I'll comment now because of these two items I see in your posts

Quote:1) ...independently of the type of tags (mp3 or flac)

and 

Quote:2) When I tag my music, I put separate genres with the delimiter `;`, but it seems that mpd, or rather ncmpcpp and what's under the hood for your interface does not treat them as separate fields, so I have genres like ` Electro; Techno; IDM ` appearing rather than just `Electro`, `Techno` and `IDM`.

Keep in mind that MP3 and FLAC files contain their metadata in very different formats and have different rules for what can appear in ID3v2.x Metadata Frames (MP3) and Vorbis Comment Metadata Blocks (FLAC). The differences often lead to mischief, notably when multiple genres are to be encoded.

If as Tim suggested you make some files available, please be sure to include examples of both MP3 and FLAC files with multiple genres encoded.

Regards,
Kent